Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sorry rifle hunters

Old 11-20-2006, 05:55 PM

Default Sorry rifle hunters

My friends i thankyou for everything but i strayed this year and caught a buck with the mathews instead of the remington. I got this buck with the bow and nothing with the rifle figure that one out [&:] I took this 5x6 on October 14th from an alfalfa field which i had seen him on during august.
-I hunted with the rifle hard for the last few weeks, saw my big boy last sunday, hunted him hard all this week but never saw him again. He was the largest beast these eyes have laid eyes on since last season, really tall with stupid mass and lots of junk. I get all hot and well i gotta stop thinkin bout him, he's next season material now as long as no one else finds him which i doubt they will. He hangs in some pretty nasty cover that most folks shy from. I was thinking of pushing it the last day i was home but i am greedy and didn't want anyone else but me turfin him. So this is the one i did get anyways was a good year, saw well over a hundred bucks but managed to come up one short. Good luck to the rest of you fellas and gals.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sorry rifle hunters

Hey hiawatha-
Where the heck you been hiding? Nice buck bud! Let me know if you need help taking that other brute off your hands [8D]. I'm only right down the road.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Very nice buck... Congrats...
Old 11-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

A buck like that would make me happy for a couple of seasons,,,,,,,,,,at least! Congrats!