Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I'm Back from Alberta

Old 11-21-2006, 04:15 PM

Default RE: I'm Back from Alberta

BC I suppose your right however this was not our first hunt with him ..in the past hunts the deer were moving and he really did not have to do much but be a taxie driver ...however because of the bad weather and all the snow the deer according to him just were not moving ...we felt he should have made some adjustments to try and compensate for the conditions ..maybe that was expecting to much on our part ...maybe he felt justified sitting in his warm truck all day ...smoking ..drinking coffee ...eating ...sleeping ...instead of scouting some for his clients ...anyway its water under the bridge ..just wanted to vent a little and share ...
Well your outfitter was right with the whole "there is too much snow so the animals arent moving" cause they hate moving in tons of snow like that but as i said earlier he should have at least got off his butt and pushed some bush for you guys.

Old 11-21-2006, 04:15 PM

Now as for Shato, buddy you dont have the right to harass DD beacuse of his post. The guy was told he was gonna be doing "STAND" hunting so of course he will think a mile to get to a spot is a long way cause i know where i sit is maybe 1/2 a mile. Sometimes though depending on the weather i will hike over 20 miles. Now im sure if he was told he would be hiking he wouldnt be complaining about a mile hike and enjoyed the fact he only had to go a mile.

Also im sorry but i know i get bored when sitting all day and im sure he got frustrated and pissed off (i know i would)at the fact that he had just spent 9500 dollars to shot a deer and the outfitter is screwing him and decided to take it out on the decoy which i also know i might do if its later in the day. And just cause he took a shot doesnt mean the animals are spooked from that area for the rest of the week. I know here in Alberta where i hunt i shot a mulie one day and went there the next day and seen four more standing right where i shot the deer. It was just the fact that the weather put a huge damper on his hunting.So you really have no right to call the guy a "Peckerwood city slicker" especially when hes just venting on a crappy disappointing hunt he just had.And at least he aint acting like the child on this board
"Grizzly Adams" I like that

Peckerwood city slicker!

Nuff Said (I got the last word)
WOW grow upat least DD is being a man and just letting yourself dig yourself into a hole(which your doing a fine job of doing by the way)
Old 11-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Well sad to here about the bad trip Doc! Was this the same place you bagged your mass attack buck? Also how is the hunting going in Kentucky? Not sure if I missed alot of your post but I had forgot you even moved!
Hotburn it was the same place I took my big buck in 04 ....as for hunting in Ky I have not had the oppurtunity to hunt here yet but maybe Shato will invite me LOL ....

dd
Old 11-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about the bad hunt Doc! Hope you get a good place settled in Ky so you cann start smokin' em there.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you Bion ...

dd
Old 11-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sucked because you didnt shoot anything, and thats the bottom line. I dont measure my hunting trips on success or not.
You had a bad trip and it cost you lots of money, thats why your pissed. **** happens, weather gets bad, vehicles break down, or it rains for days, been there done that.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

I understand you frustration DD and I'm sorry to hear your hunt didn't go as planned.

However, i have a hard time really falling for the sad story given that the majority of your complaints stem from things beyond the outfitters control (weather, borrowed rifle, deer movement).

Your one legitimate complaint about lack of effort from the outfitter should have been evident before this most recent hunt, or is it that in the past you were willing to overlook his shortcomings as long as you went home with a big deer? Either way, given the amount of bellyaching you did about the price last time i'm suprised you went back.

I know that when a hunt doesn't work out that it's normal to want to find a reason why. Isn't it a little strange that after two successful hunts you draw a blank and all of the sudden the outfitter is a bum. Btw, am I missing something or were you in the truck with him...smoking...drinking coffee... listening to the radio? I thought you were on stand the whole time. How can you be in two places at once? Are we just assuming that he wasn't scouting because he kept you on the same stand?

Finally, I take it you retract the following statements:

" I would like to thank Don ****, my outfitter... for without their help I would never have found this buck of a lifetime. The valuable lesson I learned from Don about hunting trophy deer is that you have to be patient!" -Big Buck Magazine, Spring 2005.

You seemed pretty happy with his services as long as your mug shot was in a magazine.

If you're ever looking for a reputable outfitter who will work his a** off for you i'd be happy to recommend one. He is top rate and often booked well in advance. Don't let one bad experience ruin you on hunting here but now at least you've experienced the downside of what hunting here can be. Good luck in Kentucky.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

dang DD, that trip was doomed from the start[:@]

it'll get better
Old 11-22-2006, 04:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Saskabush

However, i have a hard time really falling for the sad story given that the majority of your complaints stem from things beyond the outfitters control (weather, borrowed rifle, deer movement).

Sask you make some good points ....the weather was out of his control ..the rifle situation was my own fault and he could not control deer movement however I do not recall blamming him for these problems .... I mentioned them only to share the conditions of the hunt ...

Your one legitimate complaint about lack of effort from the outfitter should have been evident before this most recent hunt, or is it that in the past you were willing to overlook his shortcomings as long as you went home with a big deer? Either way, given the amount of bellyaching you did about the price last time i'm suprised you went back.

As for my "one" legitimate complaint your right but that was the point of this story "lack of effort"and what we felt we paid for was the service and knowledge of our outfitter ...as for the past hunts those are history and were paid for in full and I see no barring orconnection to THIS hunt ...as to your remark about "all the bellyaching" about the price can you please refresh my memory where I did ALL that "bellyaching" I do not recall making any remarks about price that would be considered "bellyaching"

I know that when a hunt doesn't work out that it's normal to want to find a reason why. Isn't it a little strange that after two successful hunts you draw a blank and all of the sudden the outfitter is a bum. Btw, am I missing something or were you in the truck with him...smoking...drinking coffee... listening to the radio? I thought you were on stand the whole time. How can you be in two places at once? Are we just assuming that he wasn't scouting because he kept you on the same stand?

again Sask you refer to two hunts that are history and has no barring on what took place on this hunt ....however on my last hunt there I took my buck on a Wednesday and went out the rest of the week with the outftter and the other hunter in camp ...once we let him out we set in the truck all day thus why I have first hand knowledge of what he does during the day

Finally, I take it you retract the following statements:

" I would like to thank Don ****, my outfitter... for without their help I would never have found this buck of a lifetime. The valuable lesson I learned from Don about hunting trophy deer is that you have to be patient!" -Big Buck Magazine, Spring 2005.

You seemed pretty happy with his services as long as your mug shot was in a magazine.

AGAIN HISTORY ....PAID IN FULL

If you're ever looking for a reputable outfitter who will work his a** off for you i'd be happy to recommend one. He is top rate and often booked well in advance. Don't let one bad experience ruin you on hunting here but now at least you've experienced the downside of what hunting here can be. Good luck in Kentucky.

Just curious Sask what do YOU do for a living...I think I have an idea

dd
Old 11-22-2006, 06:11 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

It sucked because you didnt shoot anything, and thats the bottom line. I dont measure my hunting trips on success or not.
You had a bad trip and it cost you lots of money, thats why your pissed. **** happens, weather gets bad, vehicles break down, or it rains for days, been there done that.
I got to understand something about you people on this forum. He told you why he is disappointed. You either think he is a liar or you have selective hearing. If you think he is lying say it. Be a man.

Holy cow, none of you guys were there, the guy puts a post on here, and I can't believe there's 4 pages of bashing. Makes no sense.

Quick Reply: I'm Back from Alberta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.