Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Indiana success?

Old 11-18-2006, 10:00 AM

Default Indiana success?

anybody have any luck in the indiana gun opener? i didnt see nothin but pineys[:@]
Old 11-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana success?

I saw 4 bucks and 7 does. The Bucks were after the does pretty hard in my area this morning. I did see one shooter buck, he is a big 8 point that i had seen one other time two weekends ago during bow. He completely blows away any other buck in that area. The doe he was after was heading right to me from the neighbors so i felt pretty confident i would get a shot. Didnt happen. He ended up pushing her out into the field and up along the fence row. I never seen them the rest of the morning. I just hope he didnt get shot. He is a real beauty for the small area i hunt. I have hunted there now 5 yeas and he is the first real good mature buck i have seen.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbuckOO

I saw 4 bucks and 7 does. The Bucks were after the does pretty hard in my area this morning. I did see one shooter buck, he is a big 8 point that i had seen one other time two weekends ago during bow. He completely blows away any other buck in that area. The doe he was after was heading right to me from the neighbors so i felt pretty confident i would get a shot. Didnt happen. He ended up pushing her out into the field and up along the fence row. I never seen them the rest of the morning. I just hope he didnt get shot. He is a real beauty for the small area i hunt. I have hunted there now 5 yeas and he is the first real good mature buck i have seen.

Goodluck SIR be sure to let us know if you score!!
Old 11-18-2006, 07:48 PM

i seen 3 does but nth at all from the bucks...kinda dissapointed

but i got a while to keep trying --i kno i got a 10-12 pointer back here thats nice im gonna wait for him but i dont think the rut has started here in southeastern IN where im at

i didnt here very many shoots this morning and the butcher shop i drove by only had 2 vechiles in front of it and usally it is packed
Old 11-18-2006, 09:18 PM

I have seen alot of deer this year but most of the time they have been out of bow range. I will go out this tues. and try my luck.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:05 AM

i have the privilege of having a very time consuming girlfriend...which means instead of spending opening day of firearms in the woods I spent it in the stands of Ross-Aid Stadium. Which I mean I can't complain becausewe did Boiler Up and kick a lil Hoosier ass...but still didn't spend it where I would've liked to...haha but hope all u guys had good luck!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 04:44 AM
Dominant Buck

All I saw were a nice looking doe and a basket rack yound 4-6 pointer , neither presented a viable shot . I had a bedded doe decoy set up , I'll be removing it before this morning's hunt since it seemed to spook them .
Old 11-19-2006, 05:02 AM

mossyoak......thats the only good reason to miss huntin! now off to hawaii!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:13 AM

I didn't have any luck, but I took my mom on her first hunt last night and she bagged a one sided 2 year old buck. He must have very bad genetics though, as he has one side with two points. I posted the story in here, so check it out when you have the time, it'sa little longwinded, but it was definitely and action-packed hunt! LOL

I wanted to go out this morning, but at 8 months pregnant, I can't go out by myself. Hubby said he'd go, but he has a broken foot that won't fit into a boot right now. He has to take the liner out of his boot, put it under his walking cast and hobble out there. It was drizzling and cold today, I figured it wasn't the most conducive environment for a guy with an UNBOOTED foot! LOL So, I crawled back in bed after I checked the radar at 5:30 this morning. Hopefully tonight will fare better with weather... we will see.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went back this morning and it rained for the first hour i was there. Kind of a miserable morning. I did see one buck on the tail of a doe but he was too far out and in the neighboring property. It wasnt the big boy anyway. Other then that i seen 3 doe that another hunter in my woods scared.

Last night i hunted a different property which holds a lot of deer. I ended up seeing close to 20 does and 2 bucks. One was a younger 8 point, the other i dont know how many points because it was getting too dark to see, but i could tell he had a very wide rack. Looked like a shooter for sure. Im trying to decide now wether to set up on him tonight or watch the Colts play Dallas lol. I wish they hadnt moved the game time to 4:15. Maybe i'll just tape it.

Quick Reply: Indiana success?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.