Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Indiana success?

Old 11-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Indiana success?

All I have to show for opening morning is the lead slug I missed with. At around 11 I had a nice 8 pointer walking away from me on my right side behind a thicket. I grunted at him with my Buck Roar and he turned right around in his tracks. He made a 90 degree arc right into a shooting lane about 45 yards away directly in front of me. I took a shot and he jumped forward and took a crap then ran off. I swore I hit him because of his body language and I thought I heard an impact. Turns out I was right in line with his vitals just a little low. So I guess I just scared the crap out of him.I saw where the slug went along the ground behind him. The impact sound I heard was the slug smacking into a tree. I dug around a little and there was the slug right at the base of the tree. It was a successful day thought. I saw 6 does and the one buck. I can't wait to go back out later in the week.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

I'm from Indiana. When out saturday morn, had a big 8pter come in right at daylight,came out of the thickets so i had to try and get myself turned to get a shot he caught my movement, he just stood thier looking at me. H e couldn't make me out but new something wasn't right so he turn and haded for the ditch heading for the woods next to the one i was in then my heart stoped boom boom so i guess they got him cause i didn,t see him sunday morn .Had a small 6 and spike come throw ,as soon as they left the woods i hunt in you could hear the guns go off so i guees thier dead also , bdon't know if theirs any bucks left for me or not i guess i'll find out next saturday when i hit the woods again .Oh and by the way every time i had does come in never seen a buck they were chasing them during bow season.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:24 PM

i had succes lookin at ever1 elses deer![:@]i had an 8 walk within 20 yards but couldnt get a shot it was in thick stuff and a spike came along with the 8 and couldnt get a shot either[:@]
Old 11-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Typical Buck

I shot a nice little 10 pointer on opening morning in Orange County.. heard 66 shots before I took this one at 9:30 AM. My largest to date!!! Killed on public land to boot!!!

A buddy that was with us took a nice 11 pointer on sunday morning... Also killed on public land!!!

And a father and son got a double on 8 pointers Saturday evening... was the son's first deer.. and yes it's bigger than dad's!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got this 8 point on Tuesday evening. He isnt the biggest buck i seen this year but im still happy to get him. He is my nicest buck so far. Weighed 150 field dressed and was in full rut.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Very nice deer!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KBacon

Very nice deer!!!
Thanks, and right back at ya. Thats a PIG you got there.