Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer stories

Old 11-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Spike

Default deer stories

hey guys,
id love to hear you story of you favorite deer hunt....i would tell you mine but i havent gotten my deer yet... but id love to read your stories.....thanks
Old 11-14-2006, 04:56 AM
Spike

Default RE: deer stories

BUMP UP!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well last year opening morning of the Wisconsin Rifle season i shot my first buck. It was 8:00 AM and nothing was happening much since i just seen a doe. Then at 9:05 i seen something brown walk across the shooting lane and sure enough it was a buck. I waited for it to get in the right spot for the shot and it wasnt gonna go so i figured i'd grunt and that brought him right in. and then BOOM he tucks his tail inbetween his legs and runs off so i shot again and i must missed him. The reason i shot again is because it is so thick you cant even walk threw it. Well i get downt o where i shot him and see his track but no blood. So i was like i knew i hit him and i was following his track and blood was there and i look up and he jumps up and i shot him again. We took a few pictures, gutted him, and started the hard job, dragging him up a huge hill.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well we partied all night,
never made it to our bunks.
And I was sittin in the tree stand,
on the tree day, drunk.
Wind was blowin 45,
temp 30 below.
I was freezin to death,
then it started to snow.
So I got out from the tree stand,
start headin for the truck,
and thats when I seen it there,
the turdy point buck.

TURDY POINT BUCK?!
turdy point buck.
turdy point buck.
(turdy point buck)

Well, he was 8 foot tall,
weighed 12,000 pounds,
with every step there was a shake,
sh-shakin of the ground.
He was ruthaful, so beautiful.
Strutted right out of my dreams,
he was created by God,
just for outdoor magazines.

Now, I'm not much for thinkin,
no, I dont do it often,
but I had an idea.
(yeah, what was that?)
To put that turdy pointer,
right in his coffin,
Old 11-14-2006, 10:17 AM

I started hunting when I was 16, when it was late in the season. I went everyday. I saw plenty of track where I hunt but no deer. The last week of November came and as usual I was out in the stand wondering if I was ever going to get my first deer. Then I looked up and out in the field was a deer. I waited until he had his head down eating when I put the crosshairs behind his shoulder. And BLAM he fell to the ground. I had killed my first deer, a four point buck. It was one of the best feelings in the world.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:25 AM

I have a lot of favorite hunts, but here is one of the best. I was bow hunting and it was the first day of archery season this year, (first week of october) and my dad was at work so he couldn't take me hunting. So I decided to walk across the road to my neighbors woods to hunt on my own. On my way in, I saw 2 does in the field at the woods edge. I was planning on just setting up on the ground since I didn't have my treestand up yet, but I figured I would give stalking a try. So I did, (it was raining outside which made it all easier) and I ended up getting within about 30 yards of a small doe. She never saw me until I got ready to draw back. It was the most challenging hunt I've ever had so far, getting so close to an animal so smart. I will definately try stalking again. Although the deer saw me, and I didn;t get a shot at her.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Spike

Last year, sitting in the Treelounge (with shooting rail), light rain, light wind, no snow on the ground. I'm talking to my hunting partners, when I see movement in a valley in front of me. I'm sure I'm off on the yardage, but I would bet at least 100 yards if not more, downward angle.

3X9 scope on 9, and I'm still having trouble picking them out. Looks like three in a row...I'm thinking a mom and twins, moving slowly. It wasfour, but I'll get to that.

I actually wedged myself between the railings of the Treelounge and rested the barrel on the shooting rail. Just like the instructions tell ya.

Take aim on the larger of the three that I see, squeeze the trigger, no movement. They probably don't know what happened. Chamber another, as my buddy is calling to see if I shot one (never turned off the radio). Shoot again, doe drops, other two take off, and thats when I see a fourth.

Another doe, very large, off to my left. I probably missed seeing her before, or she was farther ahead of the others. I'm left handed, so I swingto my left as I'm chamberingmy last round (I only load three). Small tree next to me served as a side rest, took aim, and fired. Doe drops where she stood.

Time to get a snack as I call my buddies for help. I stay in the stand trying to point to the first one that went down. I can see the second easy enough. First doe went down under some brush, and it took us a long time to find her. She was farther away than we thought. It was the longest shot I ever took in the hardwoods that I hunt. Both of my partners couldn't believe that I made agood killingshot from where I was.

Filled my tags opening day before 8am.

Can you believe that not one of my partners would help me clean them out? Oh well, at leasttheydragged them out.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Spike

bumpity bumpity bump[8D]
Old 11-14-2006, 10:19 PM

i have a lot of favorite hunts but one stands out. Last year was my senior year of high school and my dad said if i had all A's i could skip the day before thanksgiving break to go hunting with him. Sure enough the day came and my grades were great. We got to the stand about a half hour before daylight and i was sitting there shiverin in the abnormally cold november air. As soon as it got light that morning i heard a twig pop over my left shoulder....to my suprise there stood a big buck staring right at me. The buck fever set in. My legs began to shake and my heart was racing. We were in a staredown for like 10 minutes. After what seemed like eternity had passed he put his head down and took about 4 steps down the ridge. I busted him at about 80 yards with my 30-06. I radioed my dad and he came down to see my trophy. It was a huge 10 point with one beautiful side of a rack and on the other....the biggest ugliest mess i've ever seen. Next time i'm at home ill post the pictures so you can see what i mean. But i had the deer gutted and drug out of the woods before school had even started that day. So because i made those grades i got the biggest buck of my life...well atleast until i top it this year
Old 11-14-2006, 10:35 PM

A hunting story I got happened this past Saturday on the 11th. It's 2:30pm,I got a bucket of corn and started walking towards the feeder to spreadout some corn so that if any deer came before the feeder went off (5pm) they could have something to munch on. Get in the blind (metal)which is on a 8-10 ft. stand and settle in. It's 3:30 and not one single deer. I decide that maybe I will lay on the floor and take a nap (I am my father's son). After 20 minutes of my peaceful nap, I hear a banging on the blind that sound like someone is outside banging on it. Well the blind is next to a tree so naturally I think it's a tree limb. I get up to see if there is any deer and there's not one single deer. I get my cell and text my girlfriend if there is any deer at the house since it's across the road. She replies that there is and that they will head my way when the feeder goes off. It's about 4:05 and the banging happens again. I turn around to look and there isn't any wind. So I turn back around to no avail there is a 8 point buck standing about 50 yards across the ditch on the edge. I don't even hesitate to grab the .243 and take down the game. By 6:00 the deer is skinned, gutted, and the horn is cut from the head.

I will put some pics of the deer as soon as I get them developed.

Quick Reply: deer stories

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.