HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - deer stories
Thread: deer stories
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 10:35 PM
dway87

Default RE: deer stories

A hunting story I got happened this past Saturday on the 11th. It's 2:30pm,I got a bucket of corn and started walking towards the feeder to spreadout some corn so that if any deer came before the feeder went off (5pm) they could have something to munch on. Get in the blind (metal)which is on a 8-10 ft. stand and settle in. It's 3:30 and not one single deer. I decide that maybe I will lay on the floor and take a nap (I am my father's son). After 20 minutes of my peaceful nap, I hear a banging on the blind that sound like someone is outside banging on it. Well the blind is next to a tree so naturally I think it's a tree limb. I get up to see if there is any deer and there's not one single deer. I get my cell and text my girlfriend if there is any deer at the house since it's across the road. She replies that there is and that they will head my way when the feeder goes off. It's about 4:05 and the banging happens again. I turn around to look and there isn't any wind. So I turn back around to no avail there is a 8 point buck standing about 50 yards across the ditch on the edge. I don't even hesitate to grab the .243 and take down the game. By 6:00 the deer is skinned, gutted, and the horn is cut from the head.

I will put some pics of the deer as soon as I get them developed.