Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Any young kids hunting with ya?? >

Any young kids hunting with ya??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any young kids hunting with ya??

Old 11-13-2006, 06:20 PM

Default Any young kids hunting with ya??

hey, do you have kids hunting with you? my dad took me hunting....he still does...he said,"man, my daughter is just like me when i was 12... every time she sees a deer she gets extrtemly po.ed if i don't shoot it imedeitly!, there was a deer at 208yrd. (ranger finder used) in muzl ldr seasn and she was like shoot it! 30seconds later.. 184yrd....159yrd.. she was like SHOOT!!!!!!! you can't even give the deer 3 mintues you have to blow it to peices the second you see it.... *laughs*, yeap thats how i was when i was a kid lol"
Old 11-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Any young kids hunting with ya??

I take my two sons. Ones 7 and the other is 10. The 10 year old has really matured and is able to sit for a few hours patiently. He uses a .243 and is a great shot. I'm hoping this will be the year he takes his first buck.

The 7 year old struggles to sit still for more than 90 minutes. I try to only hunt prime time (dusk and dawn) with him.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:32 PM

yeah, I shot a .243 but eventullay starting to get used to a 7mm-08, i also had a patients problem.... i couldn't stay still for more than five min. you should get him a gameboy and tell him to turn off the sound and get a game he can play for at least half the time if not more.... i go for morning hunts and stay untill 'bout 9:00am-10:00am and pack it in and go out again at like 2:30pm-3:00pm stay till sun down... but videos games would keep me quiet for hours at a time and it makes like, no noise except the light clicking of the butons..... if even that, i sugest the game tetris.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:50 PM

bump up lol if you don't knkow what that is its a post to get ur topic to the top of the foruml ol
Old 11-13-2006, 08:19 PM

Dad has been taking me hunting ever since I was really little, and I was the exact same way about him shooting deer lol. But yeah, I have been hunting since I was 12, and have taken maybe about 8 deer. 2 with a bow and the rest with my 243. heres a picture page

http://www.outdoor-dreams.com/hunting.html
Old 11-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

My two sons have been hunting with me for a few years, they are 14 and 16 now. The older one is on his own license for the first time and I put him up in one of my treestands. he was nervous getting there (so was I), once he was sitting and strapped in, he liked what he could see as opposed to sitting on the ground. Younger one has to be right next to me and so far we've seen two deer but no shots.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

After retiring from the Navy a couple years ago, I am finally in a position to be able to hunt here in central Iowa (really the first since college), somewhat to my wife's chagrin. I got my son started with me last year when he was 12, he watched me take a doe with a ML. He got one shot off last year at a doe, but missed. We hit the range over the summer and this year he took his first doe during youth season (one shot-one kill) and he is chomping at the bit for shotgun season to come around in less than 4 weeks, then late ML after that.....4 more tags to fill.
For shotgun season, we will be hunting with a group of about 8 guys, driving and posting several different wooded areas. That will be a good and different learning experience for him.
And if I can get him to go to college here in town, I can have him for a huntiing partner for about another 8 years anyway.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

I've taken both my boys (9 and 8) out with me a few times this season. Suprisingly, both of them were very patient and sat stillfor 3 hours each time. Unfortunately they haven't seen a deer yet, but we have seen plenty of other critters and they want to go again, so hopefully they are getting hooked.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:05 PM

wow thats good, now i know there is more than one famly with kids hunting. i
Old 11-14-2006, 07:37 PM

well ive waited a long time but last year was my daughters first time out hunting with me and she shot a doe., this year she told me . dad i would really like to shoot a buck., uuff ., pressure on me., so she shot her buck this year ., first time buck ., it was a 4 point., shot with a .243 .,she and i was soooooo happy ., good luck to you all.,!!

Quick Reply: Any young kids hunting with ya??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.