Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Primos "The Can"

Old 11-19-2002, 11:32 AM

Default RE: Primos "The Can"

I have one as well and use it to call blind and to turn deer. When calling blind I will turn it 2 or 3 times and every half an hour or so, depending on the activity. I had a spike come charging in 2 weeks ago about a minute after using it. He looked around for 5 minutes and wondered off up the trail. I called again 30 minutes later and that same spike came right back down the trail to find out where that doe was.

Tom
Old 11-19-2002, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got two bucks within 60 yards with the bleat-n-heat but not close enough to get a shot.

Old 11-19-2002, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had friends that had some success with the can. Nothing real amazing, mostly calling in little bucks that are ilegal to shoot in our area.

"Hey ya'll, watch this"
Old 11-19-2002, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know how big the can is, but can tell you that I have a fawn bleat can that won't throw any volume into the woods. I wouldn't waste my money if it wasn't loud enough to carry well.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:01 PM

This is my first year using the can and I don`t know if it was dumb luck or not ,but I called in a nine point this year with it in the first week of bow season!When I used it to get him to stop he seemed like he was not paying no attention to it he just kept on walking,I even let out a whistle and he would not stop so I had to take a shot.First time I ever shot with a bow and the first harvestI have ever taken after 4 years of hunting.I looked at the next clearing and waited to see his head and took the shot a good shot through the lung he ran 75 yrds and fell like a brick,he was a nice nine point dressed out at 160lbs.Was it the can maybee we will never know but I will use it in the future! Good luck ta all and be Safe while in the woods!

TVV
Old 11-19-2002, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

is the can yall are speaken of the on that has the beatty buck on it thats the one i have havent had any luck

100%REDNECK
Old 11-20-2002, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

I used it like this:
1st I use a deer brawl to get them on alert.
2nd i use the can, one turn
3rd I grunted softly
All this w/in 30 secs.
I had a doe and her yearling charge in at me. Shot the yearling and the doe stood there looking at the yearling so I shot her too. This happened 4 yrs ago during the end of gun season. I tried it a couple of times the following year and nothing. Now I just use the can and a soft grunt. I've had a doe and a buck sneak up on me but I'm not sure if they were responding to the can......I ended up get busted on that hunt...oh well.
Good hunting all,
VH
Old 11-20-2002, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

I used it like this:
1st I use a deer brawl to get them on alert.
2nd i use the can, one turn
3rd I grunted softly
All this w/in 30 secs.
I had a doe and her yearling charge in at me. Shot the yearling and the doe stood there looking at the yearling so I shot her too. This happened 4 yrs ago during the end of gun season. I tried it a couple of times the following year and nothing. Now I just use the can and a soft grunt. I've had a doe and a buck sneak up on me but I'm not sure if they were responding to the can......I ended up get busted on that hunt...oh well.
Good hunting all,
VH
Old 11-20-2002, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

sorry for the double post post..
Correction...I used a snort call...I called it the brawl..In all honesty, I'm not sure what the difference is if any.

There he was broad side at 20 yards. I drew, released and....