Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Why aren't there more Black hunters? >

Why aren't there more Black hunters?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why aren't there more Black hunters?

Old 11-13-2006, 11:34 PM

Default RE: Why aren't there more Black hunters?

Back when I was in college a few of my black friends used to call me crazy for hunting. I would ask them why and they would always say "well I know I would never go out in the woods alone or with a group", they were obviously scrared of the woods. Although I can't say all black people are scared to go out in the woods, because Bo Jackson is a bow hunter himself and he's killed several nice bucks.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:36 PM

alot of your black athletes, especially nfl players are avid hunters
Old 11-14-2006, 03:45 PM

I've never seen an african american huting now that I think about it. But then again, there aren't many african americans in WY to begin with. There were none in the town I grew up in.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:58 PM

Hey rooster. You know alot of African American Hunters? Where abouts are you from? Maybe I make too big a deal about it, but my black friends have an attitude about us hunters; they seem to think we are racist or throwbacks to the older attitude towards blacks. My Soundman is black and he has this concern. Then I tell him that I am a hunter and would he call me a racist. No he says but the stereo type persists. Plus My soundman says that many city african americans have no love of nature (real nature) and do not like wild animals, snakes, camping etc. On the other hand, I could name you alot of City Mexican relatives of mine who would say the same thing.
I just think it would be a good thing for us to try to get some urban people of any race into hunting.
Good luck this season
Marco