Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Guy tried climbing in my stand >

Guy tried climbing in my stand

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Guy tried climbing in my stand

Old 11-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Guy tried climbing in my stand

Well my dad is out there hunting right now- I havent recieved a phone call saying that my stand is gone yet so it must still be there- We did get a no hunting or trespassing sign to put up though so now he knows if he crosses it again hes in trouble. I put a HUGE chain and lock on it when I hung it up there- But anything can be stolen its just a matter of how long it takes the person.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tazman7
I put a HUGE chain and lock on it when I hung it up there- But anything can be stolen its just a matter of how long it takes the person.
Thats correct. If the chain is too hard to cut they will just cut the tree.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:59 PM

I would leave it there, If it is taken then I would confront the man and ask him about it you should be able to tell by his reaction in about 10 seconds if he is lying....then I would say this "If WE ever catch ANYONE on OUR land Im going to cut their dic* off and shove it up their as*. That way you arent directing it just towards him but if anyone comes over there. And if next time he comes driving up to ya in your stand just tell em "Hey you know your not helping me out by driving up on me while Im hunting" Maybe he will catch your drift...GOODLUCK!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dustin78
"Hey you know your not helping me out by driving up on me while Im hunting" Maybe he will catch your drift...GOODLUCK!
Or I could just say im a very good shot up to 50 yards just to let you know....haha
Old 11-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

tell him you can castrate a rat a 100 yds...and that you would love some more small target practice
Old 11-09-2006, 05:32 PM

How many broadheads do you carry? Send some of your trusty broadheads into his tires. (save some for the fight though)
p.s. check your local laws on spearing tires and tresspassers. could be a minor legal problem.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Well get this- the following night my dad went and hunted I talked to him after he got done and he was driving around in the fields looking for this idiot- I guess he walked in on him and my dad got out of the treestand and went on a manhunt- We think the guy crawled in this big hole and sat there for 1.5 hours. My dad was pissed so he went up to the lane where he has to drive his truck down to leave and he waited there for the guy to come out- The guy finally came and my dad told him and the farmer off. He was like I dont know who taught you how to hunt but your are an idiot- He says you never walk into the woods smoking a cigarette, everybody knows that. It goes on and on- we havent had problems since. Im leaving in 10 minutes to go hunt so we will see what today brings..possible a$$ whooping.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put a note on your stand that says "Smile your on Camera" and explain in the note that you will prosecute anyone illegally on your property.

With all the new commericials for camera's that don't flash and such he'll never know if you have one or not.

I hope your dad tears him a new a-hole though, a good butt whoppin is a very good learning experience.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:33 PM

Reading this reminds me of the time I was hunting on a 3000 acre parcel of state land two years ago. I had walked about 3/4 of a mile in on a trail in the dark and got all settled in and about 45 minutes after sunrise this guy come through the woods dragging his feet in the leaves and stepping on every branch in his sight and walks over to me and tells me I am in his spot. Remember this is state forests and I have sat on the same rock for each of the past three days andshot two deer. I told him that I had been there the past 3 days and never saw another person. He replied that he just got back from vacation and he always hunts this spot. I nicely responded that there was 3000 other acres he could hunt on if he wanted, trying ot keep my cool and notwanting to be shot by this fool. He says NO I will sit right here and he sits down about 5ft in front of me on a stump. I couldnt believe it, next thing I know about 10 minutes later he pulls up his gun and shoots at a big Oak tree and then stands up and shoots again. I just sat there inn shock. Nexthe decides to walk over afew feet and take a piss. When he is done he says enjoy the hunt and walks off.

It drives me nuts how people can act this way...I did get his back tag and stopped a forest ranger the next dayabout it...ended up he was a non-resident hunter and they arrested him that same eveningfor jacking a doe out of a field.
sorry for the long story but try to keep your cool and handle this in a manner so you dont end up getting shot...remember there are tons of nuts out there.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

Holy cow elmerfud, I would have had that guy biting the tree stump if he did that to me. Good job for keeping your cool though, I can keep pretty cool in bad situations but that would have knocked me over the edge.
Brandon

Quick Reply: Guy tried climbing in my stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.