Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-02-2002, 12:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-02-2002, 12:37 PM

Default RE: Problem with dog hunting/driving

Knock, knock!
Who's there?
Same 'ol.
Same 'ol who?
Same 'ol tired wore out thread that's been beat to death before.

Mark in SC
Old 01-02-2002, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you're having problems with slob hunters who just happen to use dogs, I don't think the style of hunting has anything to do with it.
We use dogs on drives but we don't tresspass, steal, or shoot without knowing whats beyond the target.
Sounds like you have reason to be upset but please don't group all hunters that use dogs together with the slob hunters in your area.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:00 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-02-2002, 02:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dog hunting is not legal where I hunt and dogs that chase deer usually never return home.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:43 PM

Dogs that run deer in this state move on to the forum down the hall, listed as coyote bait.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

As others have said I will restate, there are good and bad dog hunters, it all depends upon the club, my uncle was a part time GW and between him and the GW they basically shut down one club down home by locking up the local guys who ran it on charges ranging from trespassing, vandalism and almost every deer related hunting violation you can think of. These jerks in the end lost thier trucks and guns, were fined thousands of dollars and spent over a year in jail. Three other local guys started a new club the following year that was the best run club in the area. These guys were ethical to a tee. They were good woodsman and knew deer inside and out. They over the years were able to lease property that no one else had ever been able to lease due to their reputation of respect for landowners. They also had a VERY important rule in the club, NO DRINKING and hunting, they threw more than one guy out of the club due to this and others were thrown out for crossing over onto non club land after two warnings. There are good and bad of all types of hunters!

The Tazman
Old 01-03-2002, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting with dogs is now illegal in Texas, so it is not as big of a problem that it once was. When it was legal I tolerated it but did not like it! I know that there may have been a few of these hunters that were honest, and hunted only on their own property. However I do not find it to be ethical or even to be called "hunting" when they drop off their dogs on one side of your leased hunting land and then drive around to the other side, and wait for the dogs to run the deer off of your land to them!
Old 01-03-2002, 08:29 AM

I know a person who feels the same way.He hate's anyone who hunt's deer with the aid of dog's.Despises anyone who would even consider hunting bear while being pursued by dog's.YET he will gladly stand in a formed line to pursue Pheasnts,while watching a trained dog.I always ask him,What is the difference,to which he has no reply,except for a snide look on his mug.What a work of art he is!

Edited by - Hidden Hunter on 01/03/2002 09:30:42

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.