Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-03-2002, 09:57 AM

Default RE: Problem with dog hunting/driving

I have no experience with hunting with dogs for deer. However based on the title of your post it looks as if you have people who do drives in the same catagory.

I just got off another site where people don't like those who drive deer. Same basic reasons with the addition of a lack of fair chase. Some even equate drives to poaching with a spotlight(a bit extreme I'd say).

There are slobs who happen to kill deer(notice I didn't call them hunters). They drive deer, sometimes using dogs, they tresspass on others property, they frequently have no regard for game laws or the game they shoot. But they also sit in tree stands, steal other's equipment, kill farmer's livestock, spot light, etc.

As long as hunters take game within they laws of their state and act ethicly and safely then I don't have a problem with them. I may not personaly like the way they hunt but I'm not always right. People don't have to do things the way I would. That's just the way it is.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:40 AM

Default RE: Problem with dog hunting/driving

Yes, please don't categorize everyone because of these slobs. Around here, we shoot every dog we see in our woods, but that's our right, and is encouraged by the landowners. If they made dog hunting legal tomorrow, I'd have no complaints, though, just keep it on private property. I'll still shoot any on my land, but how you hunt deer is none of my busines, as long as it's legal. Ethical hunters take all forms, as do slobs.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:47 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]