Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where are the deer?

Old 11-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Where are the deer?

I've been looking around every time I go out to see if there is any sign of deer on my small chunk of land approx. 15 acres. Every time I go out I see all types of tracks but no deer. I think the deer use this area mainly at night and their out of there until the next night. It's mainly thick cover withquite a few trails going through, but the other terrain is quite open as it has large fields thata neighbor owns and hunts. I can pick out deer from quite a distance away and I know if something is coming my way unless it's coming from the real thick cover around me.The only deer I've seen this year was yesterdaywhen a neighbor was walking out to hunt and spooked a coupledeerto me. A mama and a little one. Whatshould I do? There's tons of deer around the area but nothing when I go out. I'm good about scent control, being quiet and everything. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Where are the deer?

ecentually you will see something. Sounds like a good opening gun stand because its think and the deer will come there to get away from the action.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like we got the same problem. Im thinking maybe letting it grow up some more, I mean like super thick in spots. Its already fairly growed up in spots but I think in my case the more cover the better, especially since most of the surounding land is open.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe I'll see more deer as the rut comes into full effect. Thanks for the help.