Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Messin with buck using Tinks 69 >

Messin with buck using Tinks 69

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Messin with buck using Tinks 69

Old 11-05-2006, 10:33 AM

Default Messin with buck using Tinks 69

Here in Missouri the rifle season starts next Saturday, I went to check my spot and a mock scrape I made a week ago with some Tinks 69, I wanted to take one last look before season and get the heck out of the woods until next weekend. There were lots of tracks in the scrape so I know it had been visited within the week, also I always try to stay off the main trail the deer use in and out of the area. On my way out I was looking for new rubs since there are quite a few in the area.I put some Tinks on one of the new rubs last weekend by my stand just to see if a buck would do anything. A buck had broken the 2 inch sappling in half and made 2 or 3 new ones next to the week old one. Anyone ever had this happen? I guess that buck is really interested. I freshened up my scrape and felt good about all the sign I seen today hopefully next weekend pays off.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Messin with buck using Tinks 69

Good Luck to you and welcome to the forums, here Tinks do not work well. I am not sure why but it is useless up here for me. So I use another brand that seems to work better, and again good luck.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:24 PM

I've used Tinks 69 to kill several good ones. I prefer to use it on a "drag rag" making a trail of the scent right to where I want the buck for the shot, then hang the rag there. Youhave to find an area that the buck is traveling through looking for the does first and most important, and it works well for me. This is my target in south Arkansas next weekend, he's gonna get a snoot full of a Tinks doe in heat trail!

Old 11-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice pic turkey63. dustin i have never tried that but i almost made a doe out of a spike that was smelling the base of my tree this morning. he was smelling a tarp strap that holds my climber together while i was above him trying to get my bottle of tinks opened. i was going to give him a drop of it on the head but he moved out before i could get it done. I can here the other bucks saying to him, Dude, you have issues.
Dan