Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting in the UK

Old 11-02-2006, 05:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hunting in the UK

ORIGINAL: Englishman272401

Thanks for the explanation.
It's a shame he's not free to voice his thoughts - I like the sound of this guy - unique points of view are few and far between.
Stick around , you'll find no shortage of unique POVs here .
In the site's defense , Tard did push the edge of the envelope to the breaking point before his final ejection . Public speech is free , that changes when you speak on someone else's property though . I do miss that rascal sometimes ... [&o]
Old 11-02-2006, 03:44 PM

I am surprised to see you on here.I have some friends via MSN messenger through the Talking Reds, a Man United forum that have told me hunting is essentially nonexistent in the UK. Before I go any further, I need to know one thing--actually 2. You aren't a Chelsea or an Arsenal fan --are you?J/K of course--well sort of. I can't see a Gooner with a gun in his hand---that could be dangerous! Anyway, I think th website is great, and I hope that it can ignite some real interest and maybe even a 'revival' of sorts for hunting and shooting sports.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:38 AM

Hi Manuman

I think it's a common misconception in the US that hunting/stalking for deerdoesn't really exist in the UK. What you call hunting, we call stalking. What we call hunting,is hunting with hounds - chasing foxes and hares. Hunting with hounds in the UK was made illegal in the UK last year, not that its had any effect in trying to stop the sport.

Returning to deer stalking, we've now got more deer in the UK than we had 1000 years ago and more and more people are starting to stalk them. This year we had a new world record trophy for a roe deer and the sport is in a very strong position. Even the 'anti's' see the need to cull deer, the animal welfare issue seems to be upper most in most stalkers minds across UK and Europe and the shooting tends to be carried out very safely. As long as this continues, I can't see there being any political pressure applied to our sport. And if even more of you guys came over to shoot here, there'd be even more money generated from the sport and we'd all be even happier!

Book the flight!

Cheers,

Rob