Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BUCKS FIGHTING WHILE HUNTING? >

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BUCKS FIGHTING WHILE HUNTING?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
45.12%
NO
54.88%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BUCKS FIGHTING WHILE HUNTING?

Old 10-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BUCKS FIGHTING WHILE HUNTING?

AND IF YOU HAVE TELL US ABOUT IT!
I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY FIGHTING WHILE HUNTING. I HAVE SEEN THEM BEFORE WHILE I WAS DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD. I AM DYING TO SEE SOME FIGHTING WHILE ON THE STAND.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BUCKS FIGHTING WHILE HUNTING?

I voted yes, but in fact I only heard them at about 30 yards. They weren't hitting it real hard, just tinkling tines together. I know it wasn't another hunter rattling because the deer I heard came right down the trail I had staked out. A7 pointer was pushing a 6 point, by walking with his head down and poking at the butt of the deer in front of him.

Part of me wanted to hold off and just watch since it was very interesting, but I had to take the shot since this was my first good opportunity for a clean shot at a deer. I'd passed on several less than perfect shotsthe season before, and was ready to take one home.I let the firstbuckget pastme, so I only had one pair of deer eyes to deal with, and I drew back and whacked the second one. Done deer. That was my first and last time hearing them fight.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:04 PM

I posted yes but in fact i havent seen bucks but today as a matter of a fact i seen to HUGE bull moose fighting and boy is it something to see. I think it was one of the neatest things i have ever seen while out hunting.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Most of what I saw was through brush, but I got a good look at both whenthey were chasing each other around!! They were about 100yds away when they first clashed, and it still scared the stuffing out of me!!! Neither deerpresented me a good shot, and after a couple minutes the 10pt seemingly won and chased the 8pt across the edge of the swamp and halfway up the hill on the other side!! I tried to put a stalk on him, but no luck!! It was one of the cooler things I've seen!!! I've also seen them sparing with a bow in my hands a few times!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

2 monster bucks the other side of a feild. I had video of it! Yep, key word HAD. Tape broke and computer hard drive fried. You never worry about not having these things until they're gone.

Big 10 point sent a smaller bodied 15 point (estimated from points we could count) flying a$$ end into the air. 15 pointer turned and hightailed it outta there. Used to love watching that in slow mo.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had video of it! Yep, key word HAD.
Oh, that's gotta hurt losing that cool footage.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted yes. Have seen 2 sparring sessions with just some light pushing and head butting. And,1 full on fight trying to take each others heads off.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

the only time I ever saw it was my very first bowkill ever. There was a 6 and a 4 fighting on the other side of the creek and the 6 kicked the 4's butt, he then ran acrossed the water and stopped to look back at the 6 when he turned I stuck him. That was my first bowkill and the only time Ive ever seen bucks fight.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a few days ago I saw 2 little dumbass bucks sparring. The funny thing is, they were together when they came in and just started fooling around. It was kind of funny to watch.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

I walked up on two young 8 pointers one year when I was out scouting. I was at the top of this ridge and all of a sudden I heard all this noise coming from down the hill. I decided to slowly make my way toward the noise. I got to the part of the hill where I could see down for some distance and 25 yards away there were two bucks locking antlers. I settled in behind a big oak tree and enjoyed about 20 minutes of watching them trash around the woods. The funny part was that after 20 minutes they just stopped and went in opposite directions. This was one of the most fascinating things I have ever seen in the woods.

Quick Reply: HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BUCKS FIGHTING WHILE HUNTING?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.