Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunt alone or with friends
66.20%
Member in a deer camp
33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Deer Camp members

Old 10-24-2006, 08:08 AM

Default Deer Camp members

I was curious the amount of people whom belong to deer camps. I have hunted alone or with friends for the past 10 years on public land. Two years ago I joineda small deer camp and love the experience. For me going to deer camp is just as much fun as hunting. I enjoy the fellowship with the other hunters, being able to share sightings, and listening to there days hunt while setting around the old wood stove.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Camp members

Deer camp is the only reason I drive an hour to hunt during rifle season, otherwise I'd just go out behind my house. Right after dark when everyone is back at camp, cracking a cold one, cooking supper and each talking about the days happens IMO can't be beat.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

We have a camp but it is just comprised of friends and family. My grandpa built a cabin in the 30's and that to this day is our deer camp. We have thought about moving the camp closer to home where we have land but it just isn't the same as going north for the 9 day gun hunt. We would have a better shance of getting deer closer to home but it isn't about gettinga deer for us.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN_Deerman

Deer camp is the only reason I drive an hour to hunt during rifle season, otherwise I'd just go out behind my house. Right after dark when everyone is back at camp, cracking a cold one, cooking supper and each talking about the days happens IMO can't be beat.
ditto this is one of the reasons i love hunting. I do hunt by myself alot but lately i've been doing more and more in a camp.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Archery is by myself, but one week a year I drive 2.5hrs to a camp (where there aren't many deer) to gunhunt with a great bunch of guys, sleep with the dogs, and attend the Annual Bag Lickers Ball (its just a name) for some hard drinking and good ol fiddle music.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

I usually like hunting with my father or friends.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:27 PM

I currently just hunt on my dad's land. When my son gets older (he is three now), I will join a club if he gets into hunting. Otherwise, I would not go enough to pay for the dues.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Dominant Buck

In 50yrs I've only had 3 hunting partners. One is still chasing Hog Dogs and he is 76.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Dominant Buck

I've always hunted alone except for when I go to Missouri.Then I hunt with one more man and sometimes his friends.
C7
Old 10-24-2006, 11:46 PM

My dad, grandpa, cousin, and me are all in a big deer camp in perryville arkansas. We drive 2 and a half hours to go there, usually every weekend when season is in, and for a week during thanksgiving. We love to go for all of the other same reasons mentioned above, except in this camp there is no alcohol allowed. The timber company has strict rules. After the days hunt we all come back to a nice camp fire and sit around it and talk about what we see and past huntin stories. You cant be deer camp.

Quick Reply: Deer Camp members

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.