Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunt alone or with friends
66.20%
Member in a deer camp
33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Deer Camp members

Old 10-25-2006, 08:16 AM

Default RE: Deer Camp members

So country mudder, where in Arkansas do you live. I am from Stuttgart.

I cant say our camp has no alchohol. The drinking is done responsibly at night after the hunting is done for the day. Twice a year we have deer camp parties to get the drunken behaviour out of the way so we can be serious come hunting season. In the summer we have Beer camp. A weekend of atv riding, cooking, shooting skeet and just having fun. About a month before muzzle loading we have a annual hog cook where members and non members are invited for more atv riding, cooking hog, skeet, sighting in guns, watching football, etc. Great times.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:49 AM

Our deer camp is myself and brother, one nephew and afew friends. Myself and brother own a couple hundred acres with a small cabin, we have access too another 400 acres of adjoining private property.

Good times,, we go for 9-10 days every year,, get together with a couple adjoining camps and have a huge bbq/fish frythe day prior too openning day. First friday of the season we get together again with the adjoining clubs and settle the big buck contest... Winner takes the $$$ and pays for lunch at the local diner saturday after we do a couple big deer drives.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Hunting with my dad's friends at camp on our farm is the best, nothing beats deer loin sandwiches and a coldone after deer hunting all day.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:25 PM

I have an old Caboose that sleeps 9 that I inherited from my father. As a group we travel over 12000 miles round trip to hunt for a few days. The thing is: I don't travel 2000 miles one way to hunt. I make the trip because of the BSing and all that is associated with hunting. The best memories don't involve hunting.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:56 PM

I mostly deer hunt alone, but one or twice a sason I will travel to "deer camp". Some of the bset times are after sundown.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

we used to have a deer camp. its all my uncles and cousins. but now my uncles are getting older and dont like stayin in the tents when its -4 degrees out(i personally love it) so this year we're stayin in some motels or something
Old 10-26-2006, 10:37 AM

Our deer camp is nothing fancy. It used to be a old tractor shed with dirt floor. We raised the roof and fixed the inside up. We have couches, sleeping bunks, bathroom, cook stove, wood burning stove. It really looks like crap, and we have talked about building a new camp, but for the mebers who have been staying there it would not be "camp" no more..So we just keep fixing it up.