Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SAME PLACE TWICE??

Old 10-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default SAME PLACE TWICE??

ok for everyone who gave me such great info earlier in my other post i have another question.

Since i missed the deer earlier in my other post atleast hopefully missed still looking. but anyway i was hunting from the ground and the deer saw where i was what are you takes of using the same spot or would you just set up somewhere else in the same area. because it is such a great funnel that night I had seen 25 deer 5 bucks 3 out of range but 2 walked within 30 yards. im just hesitant to use the same place i dont want to mess up my gun season also if i had already messed up my bow season im just usually so careful not to disturb anything not sent or deer ive been known to wait in stand 2 hours or more after dark untill i know htere are no deer around so i dont mess up my next day.

and for those of you who respond to my post sorry about kinda rambling on
Old 10-16-2006, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SAME PLACE TWICE??

Give the area a couple of days to cool down. Then go back, but be careful to spook anything. The deer will be back if it is a good spot. Dont give up on it!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:38 AM

Deer usually will use the same path to get to their bedding, feeding and water areas. If you make sure you are scent free as possible and have good cover they shouldn't know you are around and will keep using that pattern. I agree you need to not hunt the same place every day. Make sure you are letting a few days go by if you have hunted it a few times in a couple of days.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks guys ya i am very careful with my scent im anal about it, and i never hunt the same place consecutive days i was just checking with everyone else.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:39 PM

yep let it sit for a few days and give it another try,they wil be there i swear to you on that.they fallow a pattern.i've been busted many times and still kill deer out of the place they busted me,just make sure you're sent is under control and give her hell......good luck this year to all.....