Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shot placement

Old 10-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot placement

One thing that shooting one in the neck does for sure, it costs more for a replacement cape at the taxidermists. Go for the lungs. I charge an additional $75 for neck shots.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

spudrow...check your manual from Hunter/Bowhunter safety course..get back to us....................shoot em in da ass?????what?????
Old 10-17-2006, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry but I have not gone to the bow hunting safty course. Enlighten me!
I of course am speaking about gun hunting. I would never aim for the neck with a bow. Better shot with a rifle.
One of the main reasons I shoot em in the neck is because they don't run away, they aren't stressed or all tensed up, which I believe adds to the wild taste of the meat, and to me it's more humane to make a quick clean kill. That's just the way I do it. Not trying to make anyone else do it my way. It just works for me.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:21 AM

If it is within 50 yrds I shoot it in the head. Within 100yrds the neck and past the 100yrd mark I go for the heart/lungs. If I ever get a chance to shoot a buck that I want to mount I would shoot for the lung/heart no matter the distance.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

How much meat are you wasting by a lung shot? The couple ounces between the ribs? If you even trim them for grind.

Lungs and heart for me!
Old 10-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

I'll aim at the top of Rebel Hog's red dot. Reb, I wish we had deer with those markings in Pa.
The Red is the heart, the White is the Lungs and the Yellow is the Spine.
I aim right between the Red and the White.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:31 PM

My buddy decided that shooting the neck was the way to go last year. Till he lost 2 does with this method. Heart-lung for me.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NBDeerHunter

If it is within 50 yrds I shoot it in the head. Within 100yrds the neck and past the 100yrd mark I go for the heart/lungs. If I ever get a chance to shoot a buck that I want to mount I would shoot for the lung/heart no matter the distance.

ditto, except for the head shots, thats just to nasty looking, specially with children around. I've done it before, yauuuuckkkk
Old 10-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

That'd be something to imagine, a doe on the ground, and where her head is supposed to be, all there is is blood, hair, and teeth![:'(]
Most likely the brains'll slop out like over-boiled spaghetti.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

top of the heart. this means BANG-FLOP

Quick Reply: Shot placement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.