Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks & Smoking?

Old 10-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bucks & Smoking?

indians smoked right.....
Old 10-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

This topic is very interesting!!
Old 10-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

Good job, I wish I could come up w/ the opportunity to be smoke/chew free in the stand(and in general). I have been stronly considering loading my arm up with patches. I wish I could afford them?
Old 10-14-2006, 10:51 PM

I have had success while smoking ,but i have also had deer wind me because of it.The whole cigarette issue i belive if you want to kill thebig boys leave the smokes in the truck.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just stop smoking. All doubts will be removed, your health will be better and you will save money.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

i took my largest buck to date last year while smoking. hell i actually rested my cigarette on my treestand so i could make the shot. i believe it depends on the area you hunt. i'm not blessed enough to hunt private land, so i am forced to hunt public management area's. in these public management area's, deer see people all year long and are around cigarette smoke and other odors. plus i am hunting to relax and enjoy the outdoors. if i'm jones'n for nicotine then i'm not relaxed and/or having a good time.....so why be in the stand.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Spike

I don't smoke while bow hunting, more because of motion,but do when gun hunting when the scent/motion game isn't as important. I've shot some nice bucks right after smoking. I do question the idea myself. It all goes downwind. And I don't care how much sent-lock, scent blocker, scent killer, scent free anything, you use,if they're downwind, you're screwed. My wife says I can buy a new ATV if I quit smoking.