Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wildview Extreme 2

Old 10-13-2006, 08:06 AM

Default Wildview Extreme 2

Last night I decided to pick up a trail cam and went with the Wildview Extreme 2. It was only $100, so I wasn't expecting anything amazing, I was just looking for something to put next to one of our food plots. Anyways, I got everything programmed and tried to take a few test shots inside our house. If I set the flash on "AUTO", it uses the flash and 1/2 the screen is completely white because it was too bright. Same thing if I set the flash to "ON". If I set the flash to "OFF", I can see everything, but it is noticably darker. Does anyone have this camera and have any advice on how to fix this? Is it because I took the pictures inside or shouldn't that matter?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wildview Extreme 2

Cut and paste that post here. It is a game camera forum:

http://www.chasingame.com/
Old 10-13-2006, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have 3 of the cameras and agree that the price is great, but you have to put up with a few things. Your screen is white because the pics were shot inside. Put the camera in you backyard and try testing there for an hour. The battery compartment on all 3 of mine is loose. I have to put some gaff tape in to tighten it up and fiddle with the compartment to get it powered up, after that they work like a dream. I had one out at a new spot for 3 days last week and it took 355 pictures. 300 or so of does and the rest were mostly critters, but you never know when a shooter will show up. That is the fun of these things.

Mike
Old 10-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

doesnt sound like a very well made cam if you have to put tape on it lol.[&:]
Old 10-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trigger speed is ultra slow, but I like mine. Its good enough to let me know what is there.