Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

long underwear

Old 10-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: long underwear

For the bottom line (get it bottom line) contact our resident expert on all things involving long undies..............

Mr. Davidmil!
Old 10-11-2006, 04:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Underarmour ....................... well worth the $$.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

I go with the Duofold Unionsuit myself. Works great and feels good against the skin, However I never hunt from a stand and am always spot and stalking. When it starts to get warm just undo a few buttons and cools you right off.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

Personally I use Helly Hensen Polyproplene under garmets. They aren't cheap either but worth it, up here it can get to -30 in hunting season.
Amen brother Helly Hanson is every oil rigger and cold weather hunters best friend. Nothing else stands up and i swear by the stuff. I have 3 sets of tops and bottoms as well as a one piece suit.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak

I usually get a couple pair of the fleece Remingtons from Wal-Mart. They are around 10 bucks each for the top and bottom but do a good job of keeping you warm. I did learn a good lesson though, I bought the regular neck instead of the semi turtle neck, next time I will get the higher one.
10-4!
Old 10-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted last Novembers rifle season in cutoffs and a t-shirt, so I am not that great a source. I did use the underarmor lightweight shirt last year and it worked well.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, Broke down and bought the UnderArmor last night. I hope it's as good as many have said.
My biggest problem is hiking out long distances, sweating and then sitting the whole day.

Usually i freeze up pretty good
Old 10-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kansas Winters aren't anywhere near as bad as your northern snowblows, but I started wearing Underarmor back when I was in high school. I can wear underarmor under sweatpants and cargo pants and a longsleeve t-shirt and light jacket and NEVER be cold in KS. I wear a parka on top when I'm just sitting around in a blind or stand, but as soon as I start moving, I don't need the extra layers.

You also don't sweat (or at least notice that you're sweating) in underarmor. I like to stay HOT, in cottons I get hot,I sweat, get wet, and get cold, in polypropylene, I get hot, I stay hot, and stay comfortable.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:14 PM

under armour is awesome if u have the money. mad expensive but its worth it
Old 10-12-2006, 06:37 PM

Lots of votes for Under Armor. I bought some and it does no better than the polartech mentioned in the first post. Maybe worse. After wearing it for a couple of hours it starts to pull the hairs on my legs and arms and I begin to itch like crazy. I did buy the compression fit. I think if I had bought the loose fit it might have been much more comfortable.