Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

gotta pee, what do i do?

Old 09-27-2006, 11:06 AM

Default gotta pee, what do i do?

Bow season in oklahoma opens this sunday and I was planning on staying in my stand all day, seeing is how this will be my first time for an all day hunt I was wondering what do I do if I have to go to the bathroom do I get down and head in, wonder off to take care of business, or just go in a bottle.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: gotta pee, what do i do?

Ya gotta go, ya gotta go! Go!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just go man!!! But if your a woman that maybe a bit tricky....women have to at least get down. Men just let it hang and spray.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

Try to aim where the leaves are the thinnest. Making wee wee from 20 feet up a tree onto dry leaves makes a lot of noise.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

Let it go from the stand. Won't hurt a thing.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:38 AM

what about the smell?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deer can't tell that the urine came from a human! I take a leak in every scrape I see! Or at least try to...[&:][&:][&:]
Old 09-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go ahead and let it fly, but expect a deer to show up just when you put down your weapon and pick up your gun.

I've seen the debate a few times about whether or not deer get spooked by human pee, so I've experimented over the last few seasons. Twice I've had deer, both bucks,come right up to my tree, sniff at where I made really loud noise on the leaves (Good hint Mike), adn then casually walk off with no sign of alarm. Since seeing that, I'm not afraid of peeing while on-stand.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

If your afraid of the smell here is what ya do. Drink a bottle of doe scent for breakfast and a bottle of buck scent with dinner everyday till the opener. Then when you go, you smell just like they do. But dont use the jell scents cause the taste stays with ya for a wile.LOL... PLEASE dont really do that! Seriously I go from my stand all the time and the deer dont seem to care.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

I carry a 20 ounce sport drink bottle. They have a larger opening and 20 oz is enough for 2 uses for me.

Quick Reply: gotta pee, what do i do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.