Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can't Sleep

Old 09-08-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Can't Sleep

I have been laying in bed since 8:30 and everytime I close my eyes all I keep thinking about is a huge buck walking out tomorrow for season opener.I plan on being up at 4am and in the stand by 5. But right now it's 11pm and I have yet to sleep. This is the first year something like this has happened to me. Wife says I'm too excited!!

Discuss!!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can't Sleep

Aint gonna happen so go to sleep. Who wants to shoot one on opening day anyway? I usually don't get revved up until around Halloween. Anything before that is usually just a day in the woods. Besides, you don't want to shoot your buck of a lifetime until his winter coat has come in. Them summer coat bucks look all feminine and stuff. Wait till he's missing an eye and his ears are all but torn off his head before you stick him. By then he'll have it coming for all the hell he's been raising.....
Sorry but...you said "discuss"
Have a great time this season!
Old 09-09-2006, 06:17 AM

LOL

it happens to all of us from time to time..
Old 09-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

i still have 35 days[:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 09-09-2006, 11:56 AM

Went out this morning after finally falling asleep around 2:30. Sat in one stand and saw nothing but heard some hogs tearing it up near another stand. After sitting a few hours I moved to the other stand where I figured the hogs to be. Turns out they are in between the two stands. While in the second stand got a good look at three wannabe bucks. Three spikes thought they were tough fighting each other. Something spooked them and they ended up running off. Saw nothing after that!!
Old 09-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Least you saw something. Makes time past faster.