Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tinks smoking sticks

Old 09-04-2006, 03:33 PM

Default tinks smoking sticks

Anyone use those tinks smoking sticks? I used them last year and brought in 2 bucks and 6 does---thinking about those buck bombs too[X(]
Old 09-04-2006, 07:05 PM

Default RE: tinks smoking sticks

a buddy of mine has used them and likes them very much.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Typical Buck

I tried them last year, brought in some neigbors dogs.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Spike

These Tink's sticks are made by a company called ---DEER QUEST. DQ has had these sticks for years, but I guess marking became alot easier with the name Tink's on them.

I have used the DQ sticks with good success. They have a curiosity scent that works great for early season. They have a Rutragious stick for peak rut. This is the stick I think Tink's is selling under their name.

I have had my best success with the A & B sticks from DQ. The A is a sexual attractant scent and the B is a fruity smelling stick---or vice versa. I have shot bucks with their noses almost on the bucket under which my smoking stick is burning.

Do they work like magic-----well no, but I have drawn deer in that I never knew were in the woods.

Would I recommend Deer Quest sticks?---- yes sirreeeeeee. Tink's version---I have never tried them.

Will some lame brain say this product is a gimmick to get just a little more of the hunter's money--probably.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Site Buck Guru

Doesn't it seem weird to light something on fire right next to your deer stand?[:-]
Old 09-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

I've tried them a couple times and haven't had any success, but I see there has been some success so I'll give the rest of them a try.

I always wonder though, would that deer still have come in even if that smoking stick wasn't there?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: kmcfetters

Anyone use those tinks smoking sticks?
What? Smoke while deer hunting?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:42 AM

No, haven't tried them- I only use freshly collected deer scents, they work the best! We have killed some good bucks in the last two years using products from Southern Whitetail Scents( they collect it fresh during th current hunting season.)wwwsouthernwhitetailscents.com
Old 09-07-2006, 07:50 AM

I used Tinks Sticks about 4 years ago and they worked well. Then 2 years ago I found somebody selling them on Ebay for about half the price. Same thing with a different label. I bought them and one of the doe in heat candles and found that the candles work every bit as well as anything I've ever used. Talk about strong! Those things are potent!