Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting DVD advice..

Old 09-03-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Deer Hunting DVD advice..

What DVD would you recommend for a first or second year deer hunter. Hunting primarily with a rifle. Mostly from a blind and some treestands. I would like a video that showed more about "how to" than me sitting there watching them shoot a deer and whisper for an hour..

Thanks to all!
Old 09-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Deer Hunting DVD advice..

Deer Hunting Made Easy
Hunting expert John Fox will show you the basic skills and strategy every deer hunter should know…Topics covered include locating and tracking deer, clothing and equipment selection, conservation, shooting, and much more…60 mins….VHS only.

V4168WX
[align=right]$11.00[/align]

Quantity
Old 09-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Save your money and buy a tree stand!!!Belive me you will be much better off buying equipment then DVD. DVD's are purly entertainment and really won't teach you much if anything at all. That stand will put you up and move your scent up and you will be able to see better. If your money is tight buy equipment save the DVD's for when you can only armchair hunt.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:11 AM

yea,

i keep looking at them and have passed them up to this day..

can't seem to get the wallet out and spend my $$'s.. i need other toys for hunting.. you know all that stuff we wanted when were first starting..

i was going to get the drury series off ebay but went over $15.00 for 6 of them..
Old 09-04-2006, 07:48 AM

Mike Hill is right. There is nothing better than being out there. Code Blue put out a DVD for a few bucks that was next to their products. I would recommend it becauseit was more informative for how to deer hunt while using there productsthan watchingother's that whisper and harvest a deer in 3 minutes. You can get more advice and knowledge of "do's and dont's" from these forums thanthe majority of those"look at the deer I shot" vid's. Just go out when you can and good luck.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: JTHUNTS

thanthe majority of those"look at the deer I shot" vids. Just go out when you can and good luck.
JT, he is asking about Deer Hunting Instructional Videos or Dvdsand there are some good ones out there. Apparently he has no one to teach him. I bought my son these videos when he was at a young age so he could actually see what I was trying to teach him.

I'm not talking of the regular run of the mill hunting videos, these are instructional videos on deer hunting.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:18 PM

Hey Rebel - I was merely referring to the majority of dvd's you find for sale. If there is a true disc or tape out there with "instructional" content for a beginner or anyoneit would do him good to buy it. I wasn't responding earlier to your post if that is what you thought. I feel more info. is better than notenough info. There just isn't that many instr. vid's versus the trophy hunts, thats also what I was trying to point out.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:07 AM

Default A better option than buying. . .

GoAll,

Take a look at www.huntflix.com. We currently have over 600 titles on DVD avaiilable for purchase or as part of our Unlimited HuntingDVD Rental program. (Over 150 specifically on deer!) They are broken down into categories such as "Deer Hunting", "Game Care", and "Getting Started". Monthly subscriptions start as low as $14.95. We also offer a free 14-day trial so you can give HuntFlix a try without spending any dough!

Some titles are more instructional than others, but you can still pick things up, even from the "Watch us shoot a bunch of deer" typed videos. Many new hunters are coming to the sport as adults and don't have family or friends to show them the ropes.

A good place to start would be the Primos Mastering the Art Guide to Calling Deer, Safe Treestand Hunting Strategies put out by the NBEF and How to Glass for Trophy Animals. There are also videos on scoring, field dressing, rattling, firearms, and outdoor skills that you may find useful.

I'd be happyto answer any questions you might have.

-- FLIX
Old 09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A better option than buying. . .

go to the library for free vids and books...you have to put in the time