Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
67 DEGREES AND WINDY!  SUGGESTIONS?  KY WEATHER!!! >

67 DEGREES AND WINDY! SUGGESTIONS? KY WEATHER!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

67 DEGREES AND WINDY! SUGGESTIONS? KY WEATHER!!!

Old 11-08-2002, 10:36 AM

Default 67 DEGREES AND WINDY! SUGGESTIONS? KY WEATHER!!!

TOMORROW IS THE FIRST DAY OF RIFLE SEASON IN KENTUCKY AND IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE 67 AND WINDY. WHAT ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES IN THESE WEATHER CONDITIONS? MY EXPERIENCES AREN'T TOO GREAT BUT HAVE SEEN SOME GOOD BUCKS IN THE PAST. HAVE SEEN LOTS OF SCRAPES AND RUBS SO FAR. JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. IT HAS BEEN COOL EVEN COLD UP TO NOW. IT NEVER FAILS, THE WEATHER ALWAYS SUCKS ANS IS TOO WARM FOR GUN SEASON IN KY. ALL INFO ON THIS TRAGEDY WILL BE INTERESTING TO READ.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 67 DEGREES AND WINDY! SUGGESTIONS? KY WEATHER!!!

When it is real windy the deer do not move much, the best way is to work the gulleys and bottoms where the deer are out of the wind. Work them from the downwind side, only moving when the wind is blowing. Wind will concentrate them in low spots out of the wind, usually they will be layed up so you really need to scan an area hard before you move on.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 11-08-2002, 08:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-08-2002, 09:24 PM

I THINK LAST YEAR WAS THE SAME WAY HOT AND WINDY.I SEE A FEW BUCKS LAST YEAR ON OPENING MORING..I GOT A 8 PT. BUT THIS YEAR I HAVE NOT SEEN MANY...IAM GOING TO HUNT DOWN IN THE VALLYS.. BETWEEN BEDDING AREAS...AND HOPE FOR THE BEST...A HUNT CLOVER FIELDS IN THE EVENING..YOU JUST LIVE DOWN THE ROAD FROM ME...THE WIND HERE IS BLOWING MY HOUSE, IT IS SO STRONG,,,, GOOD LUCK WASP

Rob Walton
Old 11-08-2002, 10:15 PM

The weather here in Ontario, Canada is the same. Very warm and very windy.The deer have put the brakes on their day movements and have bedded down. It has made it very difficult to do tree stand hunting and forced our group to start pushing the bedded areas.
Old 11-09-2002, 02:20 AM

I know one thing, the same thing is happening here in Missouri right now. A week or two ago, you would think the rut was going to come a little early. Bucks were out in broad daylight running, and it looked promissing for the bowhunters, being the rifle season here starts so late. Now it is warm, and earlier this evening, my father and I were out looking around, and spotted 5 bucks, 2 of them nice deer, all bunched up again, feeding in a bean field. No does around anywhere. I would do what others have already suggested.
Old 11-09-2002, 02:48 AM
Typical Buck

Windy in Connecticut yesterday. I hunted the quieter daybreak ,no luck!! The wind blew so hard I tried a peek through my scope on a spot with the gun propped on the stand and the cross hairs were weaving 12 inches at 80 yards. Watch for this and shoot streight. The afternoon was a gale and I stayed home with Gail. Its 0500 and time to get dressed for the hunt this morning Hope to hear you all got one today.