HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   How will HIGH gas prices effect YOUR hunting this year? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/152583-how-will-high-gas-prices-effect-your-hunting-year.html)

kevin1 08-20-2006 11:52 AM

RE: How will HIGH gas prices effect YOUR hunting this year?

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

I go out my back door and i'm there in 3-5 minutes of walking

Me too , but I still like to hunt other places too .
There's a spot in the Hoosier Natl. Forest that won't be on my list this year , no out of state hunts at all , and unless it's fairly close I won't be traveling much at all . My county has a very high antlerless limit , as do most of the surrounding counties , so I won't have to go far anyway .

tsoc 08-20-2006 12:07 PM

Locally it will be a non issue for me.For my out of state trip in November it will be interesting to see how the air fares will be.Still going though!:D

bloodcrick 08-20-2006 02:24 PM

The gas station is farther away than my hunting area.
Dan

AntlerAddict07 08-20-2006 06:59 PM

I worked 44 hours a week all of my summer for a reason. funds for hunting season. ill be going everyday after school and both weekend days all day i hope. have a good season everyone.

Jeff Ovington 08-20-2006 07:19 PM

:D:D:D........
Just tradedmy 94/95 Honda Prelude in for a F350 V8 Diesel......Thatsmy new "family vehical"cause the wife complaining about me using her car to drive the kids around..
Now she's pissed cause I told her it wasn't worth getting rid of my
Toyata Tacoma and my 1975 Land Cruiser (that gets 6mls/gal) cause I didn't want tobang up a brand newtruck while hunting in the bush......:D
Nope Gas prices won't be affecting me and my hunting, just my wife shooting me will......:D:D

Bow_hunter15 08-20-2006 09:23 PM

just have to have to git the big one first day

NBDeerHunter 08-21-2006 09:46 AM

i have less than a 5minute drive and 10minute walk so fuel prices don't matter.

wis_bow_huntr 08-21-2006 10:07 AM

2 minute drive and depending on which stand maybe 15 minutes max to get to the stand.

Dirt2 08-21-2006 10:41 AM

Won't affect me. I drive 600 miles for a week of hunting in eastern MT, and the additional price for the whole trip will be about $50 more than last year. Why would that affect me?

I still say the furor over gas prices is overblown as all get out. Your poll kind of demonstrates that, where for all the p---ing and moaning, 67% say they are personally unaffected. My best math says that gas prices today are effectively 20% or so higher right now than they were in the early '70s, pre-Carter. That doesn't seem like something to turn the world upside over to me.

derekt28 08-21-2006 10:51 AM

I am going hunting, and really, nothing will stop me. All I can say, if gas keeps climbing anything past $4 a gallon, I’ll expect full service stations, you know like the ones in the 70’s. Overall, this is a time to be with good friends, have fun, share stories, and mainly oink around in the woods.