HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   How will HIGH gas prices effect YOUR hunting this year? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/152583-how-will-high-gas-prices-effect-your-hunting-year.html)

DoctorDeath 08-19-2006 05:45 PM

How will HIGH gas prices effect YOUR hunting this year?

I posed this question last year when gas was about $1.75 per gallon ...now that it is almost $3.00 per gallon I ask this question again .."How will high gas prices effect your hunting this year" ??

dd

squirrelkilla23 08-19-2006 05:48 PM

RE: How will HIGH gas prices effect YOUR hunting this year?

I go out my back door and i'm there in 3-5 minutes of walking

wayomic 08-19-2006 05:57 PM

The biggest effect will be that I won't drive the Jeep unless I need the 4WD and I'll use the 40mpg car instead.

gregholland 08-19-2006 06:10 PM

10 mile drive to my spot(s), so it will not affect it at all. Thank God.

bob d 08-19-2006 07:50 PM

won't affect my hunting at all, you got to have your priorities ,if you go hunting you can come home with meat to eat so that eliminates the need for groceries

timbercruiser 08-19-2006 07:55 PM

I've already got close to $4,000 invested in the leases and clubs so a little gas won't matter a lot.

RDHunter 08-19-2006 07:59 PM

The price of gas will not effect my hunting in fact I'm going to do more hunting local and up north this year.
As of the end this month August 31st I'm going to retire from where I work , just in time for the hunting season.
Talk about good timing .... huh .

SuperRedHawk 08-19-2006 08:09 PM

I have only a six hour drive each way! How will it effect me? Not good! But I will still go every chance I get.

GregH 08-19-2006 09:32 PM

Hey Doc, this won't effect my hunting at all. It will effect my wallet though. I workedOT today to help out. As I get older I feel like hunting more not less.;)

retrieverman 08-19-2006 09:34 PM

I will still hunt as much, but my extra scouting trips will be cut out. I hunt behind my house here in Texas, but my Oklahoma place is 9 hours away. I am really debating right now about going up Labor day weekend. I would like to see my place before muzzleloader season in October, BUT...$$$