HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   cool website (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/151182-cool-website.html)

JNTURK 08-10-2006 05:02 PM

RE: cool website

OK...i am only 22 and have only been hunting for 10 years....(blacktail deer)...but seriously...i want to know how you know what the average number of pelletsthere are in a poop???

Also i would like to make a coment on what you said about the shape of their poop. Not to correct you in any way because a young whipper snapper like myself correcting an adult would be morally wrong...but you are wrong! the reticulum is part of the first two chambers of the stomach with the rumen where the food is just mixed with saliva and seperated into layers of solid and liquid material. the solids actually then gets regurgitated, chewed then swollowed again..from there the food is moved to the last chamber or abomasum...then sent through the small intestine and pooped out...so technically the shape would have to come from the small intestine...ie small tube looking thing kinda like there poop..small and tube looking...........

but that is just my two cents

Windwalker7 08-10-2006 05:38 PM

Here is another. One fawn is a buck and one is a doe. Can you tell the difference?

CtHunter8 08-10-2006 05:39 PM

Ive been hunting hunting squirrel for 10 years..and I know everything there is to know, call me the squirrel whisperer. Hahaha JUST KIDDING. As far as I'm concerned, not knowing everything about teh sport is partof the sport. What I mean by this is that part of our strive as hunters is the fact that there is ALWAYS something to learn, and you can alays learn new little things to help improve yourself. Hell, if I knew everything there was to know about squirrel or deer or whatever it is Im hunting, it wouldnt be as much fun! do you guys agree? Afraidknot, im sure you're a very informed person, but you did kinda come on as a know it all. I mean, my grampa, my hero, has been hunting for 55 years, has hunted all ove rthe world, and is an EXTREMELY successfull hunter, but he doesnt even know everything there is to know...again, just my 2 bit

-Travis-

CtHunter8 08-10-2006 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

Here is another. One fawn is a buck and one is a doe. Can you tell the difference?

Windwalker, I would seriously know how to tell the difference!!! thats so interesting that you can tell!!

-Travis-

Windwalker7 08-10-2006 05:44 PM

Its all in the spots, I'll explain after afraidknot answers.

hunterdeneugene 08-10-2006 05:52 PM

Dick Cheney told me he knew everything about quail hunting.

-Harry Whittington-

CtHunter8 08-10-2006 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: hunterdeneugene

Dick Cheney told me he knew everything about quail hunting.

-Harry Whittington-
Id rather have a vice president who hunts and accidentally shoots a guy then a president who trys to takes away our guns....

-Travis-

hunterdeneugene 08-10-2006 05:59 PM

just a lighthearted joke in line with the rest on this thread. I agree wholeheartedly.

CtHunter8 08-10-2006 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: hunterdeneugene

just a lighthearted joke in line with the rest on this thread. I agree wholeheartedly.
yeah I rekoned so, haha, and that was a pretty funny joke.

-Travis-

m.t.hands 08-10-2006 07:25 PM