HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   cool website (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/151182-cool-website.html)

MN_Deerman 08-10-2006 09:09 AM

RE: cool website

Does this post remind you of someone elses first post on this board? The one and only TDWW, was that ever a classic....:D

Edit: After much searching, I finally found it

TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

titleAndStar(90,0,false,false,"","")
Spike

[align=center][/align]
Guys,

I am new to the site and this is my first time post!! Wanted to say hello to everyone and to let each of you know that I will be happy to help out in any way possible - regarding answering questions on hunting for you. Questions from you to me. I do want to make it clear that I expect some level of competence from you and also that you apply my advice while in the field!

Well, guys - a little about me! I am from Quincy, Florida and I live to pursue the elusive, Southron whitetail deer! I hunt it, harvest it, and consume it all with a great deal of respect for the animal. ALWAYS hunt ethically and go by the rules, guys. Hope each of you do the same.

I work mostly on weekends - but not every weekend which is a great blessing! I spend my time off during the week by hunting, reading about whitetails, and thinking of innovative ways I can make the deer herd thrive. God blessed me with a healthy and able body, but I am missing 2 fingers on my left hand......forgot to put the pin in the back wing harrow and there went two fingers and a lot of skin from that hand, guys!!

I look forward to working with each of you as we chase that elusive whitetail together! Make it a great one, guys!

tschammel 08-10-2006 09:38 AM

Oh....my....god.

Sport 2 08-10-2006 11:08 AM

Although I have only archery hunted for 3 years this will be the my 15th season of deer hunting, and not just hunting once in a while. I hunt every chance I get for I long as I can. And now hunting both NY and PA I can pretty much hunt deer nonstop from the end of sept. through the middle of January without more than a couple days of closed season. AndI still learn something new every time I hunt. And I'm sure it will be that way for the rest of my life. And honestly, I'm glad it will be that way.

afraidknot 08-10-2006 01:04 PM

How many pellets is an average dump?
75, great questions timbercreek

my question is how can you in 10 years of hunting learn everything there is to know about deer hunting? I have been deer hunting for 17 years and I :)KNOW:)I DO NOT know half as much as there is to know about hunting.
only you can answer this question, i find it hard to believe you have hunted for 17 years and feel you don't know half of what there is to know, its only a deer

Afraidknot, so you know everything now do ya. Ok which way will a deer run if i shoot it through the left lung when it is walkin downhill on a south facin slope.

You do not know everythin about deer huntin bud, and you never will
if we could keep the questioning more serious there is a chance you might learn sonething

ten years huh,

well mrhands, yes i'm full of deer and deer hunting information, if you open your ears and close your piehole, even you may learn a thing or two

Does this post remind you of someone elses first post on this board? The one and only TDWW, was that ever a classic
read his post, what a dumb butt, sounds like a know it all, ihave forgotten more about deer and deer hunting than he will ever know

Thank God for another voice of reason
thanks for the warm welcome;)

manuman 08-10-2006 01:11 PM

Attitude is everything! You make such statements and you sound like a know it all yourself. You may have some helpful info, but so do many others and they aren't wavinga banner announcing it! Here's a question---why should we take you serious when you sound so loaded?

Copper31 08-10-2006 02:07 PM

I thought I was the only one here that knew everything about nothing. Is this guy for real. Not enough butt kicking when he was younger.

Bowhunter4life 08-10-2006 02:26 PM

So you know everything about deer and deer hunting, how big a round is the average sized pellet from a buck and the same ? for a doe

GregH 08-10-2006 02:38 PM

I've got 23 bottles of Miller, I'd like to see you make a case out of that.[:-]

afraidknot 08-10-2006 04:42 PM

Attitude is everything! You make such statements and you sound like a know it all yourself. You may have some helpful info, but so do many others and they aren't wavinga banner announcing it! Here's a question---why should we take you serious when you sound so loaded?
manumamm, did not intend to come across as a know it all, some people claim to know something about everything, my only claim is that when it comes to whitetail deer there is not a lot that i don't know, yes we still learn things daily, i work in a research facility, we are currently studying two things deer and deer hunters. ihave no other hobbies to distract me from my studies/job/hobby, no golf, no football, nothing, sostudying deer behavior is my life. in fact we are prepairing to go watch some deer this evening, i may be back this afternoon if possible..

lot of poop questions, which is a good thing, read this article from a friend of mine, C.J. Winand, to get a better understanding of deer and their behavior

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/armchair_biologist/poop/index.htm

Windwalker7 08-10-2006 05:01 PM

Is this a buck fawn or a doe fawn? Can you explain how to tell the difference? Because I know how to tell.