HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   cool website (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/151182-cool-website.html)

afraidknot 08-09-2006 07:13 PM

cool website

just found it, been hunting deer for over 10 years now,know pretty much everything there is to know. if there is anything you need to know just ask, or any mistakes that maybe i can help you avoid;)

TimberCreek 08-09-2006 07:48 PM

RE: cool website

Why is their poop round?

afraidknot 08-09-2006 08:22 PM

because the digested food goes thru a honey-comb shaped part of the stomach called the reticulum, deer have four chamber stomachs much like other ruminants

TimberCreek 08-09-2006 09:04 PM

How many pellets is an average dump?

monster10rackstack 08-09-2006 09:46 PM

great question
my question is how can you in 10 years of hunting learn everything there is to know about deer hunting? I have been deer hunting for 17 years and I :)KNOW:)I DO NOT know half as much as there is to know about hunting. If you think you know everything about everything I would suggest talking to a hunter of 40-50 years or even talk to some guys on this wonderful site

Bowhunter4life 08-09-2006 10:04 PM

Afraidknot, so you know everything now do ya. Ok which way will a deer run if i shoot it through the left lung when it is walkin downhill on a south facin slope.

You do not know everythin about deer huntin bud, and you never will

monster10rackstack 08-09-2006 10:14 PM

Thank God for another voice of reason

Bowhunter4life 08-09-2006 10:39 PM

I like how when he relizes how he really made him self look like an idiot he disappears:D:D

Greg / MO 08-09-2006 10:40 PM

m.t.hands 08-09-2006 11:32 PM

ten years huh,

MN_Deerman 08-10-2006 09:09 AM

Does this post remind you of someone elses first post on this board? The one and only TDWW, was that ever a classic....:D

Edit: After much searching, I finally found it

TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

titleAndStar(90,0,false,false,"","")
Spike

[align=center][/align]
Guys,

I am new to the site and this is my first time post!! Wanted to say hello to everyone and to let each of you know that I will be happy to help out in any way possible - regarding answering questions on hunting for you. Questions from you to me. I do want to make it clear that I expect some level of competence from you and also that you apply my advice while in the field!

Well, guys - a little about me! I am from Quincy, Florida and I live to pursue the elusive, Southron whitetail deer! I hunt it, harvest it, and consume it all with a great deal of respect for the animal. ALWAYS hunt ethically and go by the rules, guys. Hope each of you do the same.

I work mostly on weekends - but not every weekend which is a great blessing! I spend my time off during the week by hunting, reading about whitetails, and thinking of innovative ways I can make the deer herd thrive. God blessed me with a healthy and able body, but I am missing 2 fingers on my left hand......forgot to put the pin in the back wing harrow and there went two fingers and a lot of skin from that hand, guys!!

I look forward to working with each of you as we chase that elusive whitetail together! Make it a great one, guys!

tschammel 08-10-2006 09:38 AM

Oh....my....god.

Sport 2 08-10-2006 11:08 AM

Although I have only archery hunted for 3 years this will be the my 15th season of deer hunting, and not just hunting once in a while. I hunt every chance I get for I long as I can. And now hunting both NY and PA I can pretty much hunt deer nonstop from the end of sept. through the middle of January without more than a couple days of closed season. AndI still learn something new every time I hunt. And I'm sure it will be that way for the rest of my life. And honestly, I'm glad it will be that way.

afraidknot 08-10-2006 01:04 PM

How many pellets is an average dump?
75, great questions timbercreek

my question is how can you in 10 years of hunting learn everything there is to know about deer hunting? I have been deer hunting for 17 years and I :)KNOW:)I DO NOT know half as much as there is to know about hunting.
only you can answer this question, i find it hard to believe you have hunted for 17 years and feel you don't know half of what there is to know, its only a deer

Afraidknot, so you know everything now do ya. Ok which way will a deer run if i shoot it through the left lung when it is walkin downhill on a south facin slope.

You do not know everythin about deer huntin bud, and you never will
if we could keep the questioning more serious there is a chance you might learn sonething

ten years huh,

well mrhands, yes i'm full of deer and deer hunting information, if you open your ears and close your piehole, even you may learn a thing or two

Does this post remind you of someone elses first post on this board? The one and only TDWW, was that ever a classic
read his post, what a dumb butt, sounds like a know it all, ihave forgotten more about deer and deer hunting than he will ever know

Thank God for another voice of reason
thanks for the warm welcome;)

manuman 08-10-2006 01:11 PM

Attitude is everything! You make such statements and you sound like a know it all yourself. You may have some helpful info, but so do many others and they aren't wavinga banner announcing it! Here's a question---why should we take you serious when you sound so loaded?

Copper31 08-10-2006 02:07 PM

I thought I was the only one here that knew everything about nothing. Is this guy for real. Not enough butt kicking when he was younger.

Bowhunter4life 08-10-2006 02:26 PM

So you know everything about deer and deer hunting, how big a round is the average sized pellet from a buck and the same ? for a doe

GregH 08-10-2006 02:38 PM

I've got 23 bottles of Miller, I'd like to see you make a case out of that.[:-]

afraidknot 08-10-2006 04:42 PM

Attitude is everything! You make such statements and you sound like a know it all yourself. You may have some helpful info, but so do many others and they aren't wavinga banner announcing it! Here's a question---why should we take you serious when you sound so loaded?
manumamm, did not intend to come across as a know it all, some people claim to know something about everything, my only claim is that when it comes to whitetail deer there is not a lot that i don't know, yes we still learn things daily, i work in a research facility, we are currently studying two things deer and deer hunters. ihave no other hobbies to distract me from my studies/job/hobby, no golf, no football, nothing, sostudying deer behavior is my life. in fact we are prepairing to go watch some deer this evening, i may be back this afternoon if possible..

lot of poop questions, which is a good thing, read this article from a friend of mine, C.J. Winand, to get a better understanding of deer and their behavior

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/armchair_biologist/poop/index.htm

Windwalker7 08-10-2006 05:01 PM

Is this a buck fawn or a doe fawn? Can you explain how to tell the difference? Because I know how to tell.

JNTURK 08-10-2006 05:02 PM

OK...i am only 22 and have only been hunting for 10 years....(blacktail deer)...but seriously...i want to know how you know what the average number of pelletsthere are in a poop???

Also i would like to make a coment on what you said about the shape of their poop. Not to correct you in any way because a young whipper snapper like myself correcting an adult would be morally wrong...but you are wrong! the reticulum is part of the first two chambers of the stomach with the rumen where the food is just mixed with saliva and seperated into layers of solid and liquid material. the solids actually then gets regurgitated, chewed then swollowed again..from there the food is moved to the last chamber or abomasum...then sent through the small intestine and pooped out...so technically the shape would have to come from the small intestine...ie small tube looking thing kinda like there poop..small and tube looking...........

but that is just my two cents

Windwalker7 08-10-2006 05:38 PM

Here is another. One fawn is a buck and one is a doe. Can you tell the difference?

CtHunter8 08-10-2006 05:39 PM

Ive been hunting hunting squirrel for 10 years..and I know everything there is to know, call me the squirrel whisperer. Hahaha JUST KIDDING. As far as I'm concerned, not knowing everything about teh sport is partof the sport. What I mean by this is that part of our strive as hunters is the fact that there is ALWAYS something to learn, and you can alays learn new little things to help improve yourself. Hell, if I knew everything there was to know about squirrel or deer or whatever it is Im hunting, it wouldnt be as much fun! do you guys agree? Afraidknot, im sure you're a very informed person, but you did kinda come on as a know it all. I mean, my grampa, my hero, has been hunting for 55 years, has hunted all ove rthe world, and is an EXTREMELY successfull hunter, but he doesnt even know everything there is to know...again, just my 2 bit

-Travis-

CtHunter8 08-10-2006 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

Here is another. One fawn is a buck and one is a doe. Can you tell the difference?

Windwalker, I would seriously know how to tell the difference!!! thats so interesting that you can tell!!

-Travis-

Windwalker7 08-10-2006 05:44 PM

Its all in the spots, I'll explain after afraidknot answers.

hunterdeneugene 08-10-2006 05:52 PM

Dick Cheney told me he knew everything about quail hunting.

-Harry Whittington-

CtHunter8 08-10-2006 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: hunterdeneugene

Dick Cheney told me he knew everything about quail hunting.

-Harry Whittington-
Id rather have a vice president who hunts and accidentally shoots a guy then a president who trys to takes away our guns....

-Travis-

hunterdeneugene 08-10-2006 05:59 PM

just a lighthearted joke in line with the rest on this thread. I agree wholeheartedly.

CtHunter8 08-10-2006 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: hunterdeneugene

just a lighthearted joke in line with the rest on this thread. I agree wholeheartedly.
yeah I rekoned so, haha, and that was a pretty funny joke.

-Travis-

m.t.hands 08-10-2006 07:25 PM

afraidknot 08-11-2006 06:42 AM

whoops sorry could not get my pictures to size properly[:@]

uncle matt 08-11-2006 07:59 AM

ORIGINAL: afraidknot just found it, been hunting deer for over 10 years now,know pretty much everything there is to know. if there is anything you need to know just ask, or any mistakes that maybe i can help you avoid;)
This sound like an attempt!

tschammel 08-11-2006 08:52 AM

Show us your wall of mature booker bucks and I will start taking you seriously. Don't go to your
buddy house "the poop orical" and take pictures of his deer. Your deer, do you have any bookers? You should
if you know everything there is to know.

m.t.hands 08-11-2006 10:07 AM

whoops sorry could not get my pictures to size properly[:@]
got a feeling your pictures aren't the only thing too big:eek:

This sound like an attempt!
TDWW wannabe

manuman 08-11-2006 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: afraidknot

manumamm, did not intend to come across as a know it all, some people claim to know something about everything, my only claim is that when it comes to whitetail deer there is not a lot that i don't know, yes we still learn things daily, i work in a research facility, we are currently studying two things deer and deer hunters. ihave no other hobbies to distract me from my studies/job/hobby, no golf, no football, nothing, sostudying deer behavior is my life. in fact we are prepairing to go watch some deer this evening, i may be back this afternoon if possible..

lot of poop questions, which is a good thing, read this article from a friend of mine, C.J. Winand, to get a better understanding of deer and their behavior

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/armchair_biologist/poop/index.htm
I hope that manumamm was a typo!! I am not being derogatory toward you, only explaining why you haven't been well received. If you are a researcher, then you should havejust identified yourself as such, and, with a degree of humility that you have a service to offer that would benefit, even knowledgeable hunters, and I think most would be receptive. There are many knowledgeable people on here. I have been hunting for 25 years and reading and observing quite a bit myself, and would consider my self relatively knowledgeable---but hardly knowing everything here is to know about this or anything for that matter.
PS--that article is oldnews! Leonard Lee Rue wrote about this 20 years ago! No joke.