Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-12-2002, 09:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-12-2002, 10:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-12-2002, 10:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-12-2002, 10:36 PM

Default RE: Best video-camera for recording hunts?

Most of the cameras I use are in excess of 15 grand a piece, but some of the smaller ones like my Canon XL1 or my Sony TRV530 are good cameras, I prefer to use the smaller ones like the Canon or TRV for filming the hunt and use a Sony DSR DV for filming cutaway scenes, because of the DSR's weight I hate to lug it around. You can purchase a camera cover for filming in wet weather but a secret for filming in it is to use a cheap plastic baggie and cut holes to use it.

Chris

Edited by - Chris Tripp on 01/12/2002 23:38:15
Old 01-13-2002, 07:15 PM

I use an RCA camcorder. I just carry it in the case and take it out when I get to the stand. I also put a garbage bag in the case just in case of rain.
Old 01-14-2002, 09:07 AM

Waterproof cameras are expensive. Better to make some kind of waterproof covering - maybe a little umbrella/plastic cover that fits onto camera.

Hunting is a right, treat it like a priviledge - respect nature
Old 01-14-2002, 11:36 AM

I use a canon Es90a very compact with low light viewing.I have used it for deer late in the evening and turkey early in the morning with great success.I would look for one with a low light setting if you are using it for hunting.I agree with the rest a water proof one would be big bucks and really not neccessary.Also as I finally did you might want to buy a tripod.
Old 01-19-2002, 07:33 AM

I have a Sony Handycam Vision wisth 460 zoom, steady shot, and nightshot, its a pretty good camera for the price and its compact, they make it with more zoom also but the more the zoom the more money its gonna cost.

A mans gotta believe in something I believe Ill go HUNTING
Old 01-19-2002, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use one of the sony digital 8 cam corders and am pleased with it.It runs abit over $1000 pesos, so it's not cheap.I also bought one of the larger batteries for it which will give me 540 minutes of time, so that I'm sure that I won't run out of battery when the action heats up.I also mount it on my varmint rifle, and record coyotes when calling them, which is pretty cool.Only has 10x zoom, with out going into digital, which is alright, but sometimes wish it would zoom more.
Old 01-19-2002, 06:13 PM

The bowsite.com just did a feature on video taping your deer hunts, check it out...

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/featu...otapeyourhunt/

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.