Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Pee

Old 08-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Pee

Anyone truly have good luckusing deer pee.Either Doe in Heat or Buck urine. I am considering not using it this year?? I figure all the guys in my hunting club are using the stuff, maybe I would have better luck not using it??What do yall think???

Tall Pine
Old 08-02-2006, 04:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Deer Pee

I've tried both natural and synthetics with mixed results , so anymore I focus on travel routes and use scents only occasionally . When I use a scent these days it's most likely to be a food scented one to attract does , bucks follow does so it improves my odds on both . If I use pee it's in a dripper or on a wick to stop the deer at a specific place for a shot .
Old 08-02-2006, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use the wick stick with tinks doe pee as the rut gets closer , I'll switch to tinks 69 .
Old 08-02-2006, 08:01 AM

I use Cronk's Buck Joy (Maine company - their website is down or I'd link to it) as a cover scent whenever I go out. Two years ago, I must have an especially good batch, because within 5 minutes of squirting it high on the tree behind me, I had an 8 point buck grunting like a pig and making a bee-line for me! Tastiest deer I've ever shot.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:10 PM

I use only freshly collected doe and buck urine. Two years ago, my boys and I started using freshly collected deer urine from Southern Whitetail Scents. We started harvesting good deer soon afterwards. The products that we had used in the past never worked, it must be the preservatives added to the urine. checkum out at www.southernwhitetailscents.com
Old 08-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

During the rut, after I kill my first buck I cut of his tarsal gland and extract his pee. When I go to my stand I will soak the gland with it and drag it to my stand and hang it. Have had luck with this.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:44 PM

I never have had any luck with any of the deer pee products but then i might not be using something that they like.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

I think it will worj at just that right time. Thats why it's mixed, and I've had a couple good results from it. Once just like the guy above, I had one cut right towards me grunting heavily. I let him get 5yds before I shot and he never noticed me where he was so focused on the smell. He was following the trail I had walked dragging pee pads. So it will work, you just never know when. Just another way to try to stack the odds in your favor.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:13 AM

Yes,
It works well, those vidios you see that the deer is coming up to the bottle of pee or what ever are real. Deer's noses are 200 times stronger than a humans.
We have seen bucks over 200 to 300 yrds away change direction with their noses in the air after puffing a few puffs of our new Wind Detector with Attractant in it. Works great when you stuck in your blind waiting for the shot and the wind shifts.
Check it out FIRELESS SMOKE found in all Sportsmans Warehouse Stores and more.

DJ