Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Favorite place to set up

Old 07-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Favorite place to set up

I have had very good luck hunting edges where several types of cover join together,say a thicket joining more open woods, Bucks seem to skirt these areas staying hidden and being able to see also.
Dan
Old 07-13-2006, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

About 20 feet up. Deer or no deer. Just nice to get away.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where the sign is!
Old 07-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

For me , its a no brainer. During the deer season where I hunt, winter wheat is the only source of green food. The deer hang out in the river breaks and seldom move except at first light and late afternoons. Just do a little scouting to see where they are coming out onto which fields. Set up a ground blind at a range that your comfortable shooting and your set. Its darn easy hunting. After you drop your critter, you can drive right up to it to load.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

For me , its a no brainer. During the deer season where I hunt, winter wheat is the only source of green food. The deer hang out in the river breaks and seldom move except at first light and late afternoons. Just do a little scouting to see where they are coming out onto which fields. Set up a ground blind at a range that your comfortable shooting and your set. Its darn easy hunting. After you drop your critter, you can drive right up to it to load.
that kinda hunt'n sounds like a dream hunt to me...lol. we're use to having to drag your deer a good mile and a half back to the truck. deer carts are useless in most of our terrain due to the mud and palmetto roots.