Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-01-2002, 11:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-01-2002, 11:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another ethical question...

First of all I ain't a penned hunt guy either but it does sound fairly large, so not as bad as some might be but hardly what we would call hunting. Being it is basically free and been asked to help cull the lessers...I would go and do it. If nothing else it will provide you with experience in the field, shot placements and heck a nice set of rattlin horns to boot. Now if you have a problem with it personally or no real desire, then don't go. If your problem is with what others may say or think......who cares!! You are the one that has to look in the mirror, do what makes you happy and feel good.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

On a spread this size, I would absolutely consider this a fair chase hunt as long as they don't have dividing deer proof fences. Just ask yourself this question. Will it be easier to kill a deer on this ranch than the adjoining land without a deer proof fence? If you have studied whitetail behavior/escape strategies, you will know that they will be just as hard to hunt on this area. Whitetails do not travel extreme distances to get away from predators. They are very effective at hiding in the cover near their core area (1 to 1-1/2 sq miles). If fact, if it is south Texas, good luck in even seeing a good buck unless you go when it is cold or during the rut.

Are these truly "free ranging deer". Technically no, but you will be hunting "wild" deer and it will be a fair chase hunt in my book.

I say go and I will bet a dollar bill you will enjoy and come away with the realization that this is a fair chase hunt.

Good hunting.

Edited by - txhunter58 on 11/02/2002 07:29:44
Old 11-02-2002, 07:07 AM

I would agree with skeeter 7 mm. My father in law lives in texas (all his life). as far as getting a nice buck its as easy as ridding a bike. the deer on those ranches are raised like cattle. There really is NO SPORT in the hunt but you do end up with a nice deer. If its free go for it. Deer meat is deer meat no matter how you get it(legely of course). Good luck and have fun!!!
Old 11-02-2002, 08:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Go for it. You will probably never even see the fence. Its legal and as long as you are comfortable with it go ahead.

Old 11-02-2002, 10:01 AM

If your looking for a good challenge like the one we find on open land (not fenced in), this is not the place. On the other hand if your looking to take a good deer, go for it.

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 11-02-2002, 06:36 PM

<font face='Comic Sans MS'><font color=maroon>I normally lurk here, but I've gotta say something. Model 722, that is really an asinine post. Have you ever been to South Texas? I know that some people have a problem with Hi-fences, to each his own, BUT 10,000 acres makes for a little different scenario. It is HARD to find a good deer, much less any deer in the brush down here. Right now, the conditions are unbelievable, we've had way above normal rainfall and the deer are not moving. They don't have to go very far to get a mouthful and that makes for tough hunting. You DON'T know what sport is until you've tried to hunt here. It is a very fair chase, mostly in favor of the deer. And they are NOT raised like cattle, I'd like to see you get on your hoss and try to round 'em up.
bgidd2280-go have a blast!

Pablo</font id=maroon></font id='Comic Sans MS'>
Old 11-02-2002, 07:35 PM

Only you can answer this question. My requirements would be that I inspect the territory and I pick the location. I would not want to be lead by the hand and have someone say: &quot;sit here&quot;. If I pick the spot based on my experience, then, and only then, can I feel that I hunted the animal and didn't just pull the trigger for someone else. But that is me, so you should decide. Sounds like you are reserved by asking. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:38 PM

if its free go for it i would lol

&quot;She said if I hit that fishin hole today, she's be packin all her things and she'd, be gone by noon....I'm gonna miss her, when I get home.&quot;
Old 11-03-2002, 08:25 AM

PABLO If you REALY want to TRY to HUNT maybe you should find some woods (NOT FLAT LAND OIL FEILDS AND DESERT). My wife is sitting with me and said your just another want-to-be COWBOY!!!!! OOOOHH! by the way she is a native texan!!!!! And she doesn't believe in cattle deer hunting either!!!!!!!!!!! Any time you want to go REAL hunting give me a call or you can just Email me.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.