Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

to many hunters

Old 06-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default to many hunters

I was wondering when is it that there is to many hunters hunting the same ground. On the ground I hunt its40 acres of woods total and about 170 of farm ground. There is 3 guys that hunt the same ground I hunt. Is that to many? There is more ground behind me that I dont hunt probably other 120 acres total of woods/farm ground. One or to people hunt that. Past that other 130 some acres woods/farm ground. I believe two hunt that. There is a majorriverbetween that runs right along all this ground.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:15 PM

Default RE: to many hunters

let's see 460 acres and 8 hunters (57.5 acres per hunter)
And you're asking if that's too crowded?
I know plenty of people who'd love to have that problem.
I know some that get good results, and great bucks, and they hunt property that has 1 per every 10 or 15 acres.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds good to me also....my buddy had 55 arcres..minus a pond..driveway..and camp area..so to be far we will say 50acres. the first day theres usually around 10 guys on that land alone if not more. plus pressure all around the 55acres he owned. guys didnt hunt hard up there at all. walking back to camp by 8am and back out at 9 or 10. hunt till noon etc. i never hunted it much after the first expirience. our buddy wouldnt post the land so EVERYONE walked alllll over the place. awesome habitat. but with guys walking everywhere the deer ran off or hid good. if it was just the normal 5-10 guys on the land and noone else it wouldnt been THAT bad, but the other guys really put a damper on it
Old 06-26-2006, 05:43 PM
bigcountry

I wouldn't want any more than 3 hunters on that. People like me like to have room to move around without pushing deer.

Land were I gun hunt behind my house, I can see 2 hunters. Its only good first day of gun after that, they learn quick

Old 06-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where I hunt theres about 240 + acres, come bow season the same seven hunters show up every year.
We all got to know each other by name as time went by, so we respect each others space and get along.
In a way this kinda thing works real good if one happens to get lucky and needs help, its not too far away.
Heaven forbid if someone get's hurt and we pray that doesn't happen we know all we have to do is YELL and all of will come running.
When the firearm season starts, NOW thats when it really becomes a problem with everybody, theres so many that show up that when I get in my stand and look around all I see is BLAZE ORANGE all over the place.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:54 PM

To me that sounds like alot but the club that I hunt averages 254.6 acres per member. I don't see how more than 2 people could hunt 40 acres, that is only 440 yards by 440 yards. That sounds really tight to me.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

No problem for me. about nine of us hunt nine thousand acres of private land. After the first weekend there is usually only four or five of us. There is no public land in my unit.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I had to hunt where there was 5 or 10 hunters on an 80 or so acre tract of land I honestly think I would quit hunting.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Depends on the type of ground and hunting style. I've got 19 acres of hilly woods. In terms of still hunting, two people can hunt it and not even know the other is there. I could probably even add a third stand.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Too many variables to consider .

Please Stay On the Topic.

Quick Reply: to many hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.