Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What to do?

Old 05-29-2006, 12:35 PM

Default What to do?

Well recently i made myself a little food plot in my woods. Its like 15yrds by 25 yrds. And Now my cows have found it. I was wondering what i could do to keep them out. No i cant get rid-of the cows. Should i make like a little rope fence around it and stick some post so they wont get threw or what should i do?
Old 05-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What to do?

2 strands of barbed wire and one hot wire.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: What to do?

Do the hot wire. Rope will never keep them out. The thing is, I hope at some point the cows will be in a differant pasture in time for the deer to learn where the plot is. Otherwise it is a wasted effort to put the plot there. The fence will also keep the deer out, unless they learn to jump the hot wire which they can with little effort. Just think if they touch it 1st, they will want to stay away and find a food source elsewhere. Honestly I have done many foodplots, but have never done one where I needed to fence it to keep cows out.