Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Northern Collapse

Old 05-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Northern Collapse

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

You have it made Reb. You would have sticker shock if you tried to live here.
I sold 10 acres, hold the mortgage on 24 acres and been offered 7 figures for myhome on 6 acres.In 1967 we bought 40 acres for $16,000 cash ($400) per acre. I could have bought the ajoining 80 acres for$200 per acre and there is where I screwed up!
Reb, I think we all wish we could turn the clock back and buy vacant land that appeared to be nothing special and turned into a major sub division, shopping center or gulf course. My first house was a 4 unit apartment bldg and I paid 15K for it. The second was a duplex (new) that I paid 41K for. The 3rd was a ranch (new) that I paid 40K for. This was back in the late 60's... ahhh the good old days and then it all went to H$ll. Now the only thing you can get for under 200K is a trailer on owned land. 4 years ago I bought the last home I will ever buy and I'll die here...hopefully not for 30-40 years.
Well, if they agree on my terms (90day unrefundable binder), give me at least another 90days to move, I'm going ontwo acres in Plant City, Fl. about 35 miles SE of me. Plant City is the strawberry capital of the world.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

You have it made Reb. You would have sticker shock if you tried to live here.
I sold 10 acres, hold the mortgage on 24 acres and been offered 7 figures for myhome on 6 acres.In 1967 we bought 40 acres for $16,000 cash ($400) per acre. I could have bought the ajoining 80 acres for$200 per acre and there is where I screwed up!
Reb, I think we all wish we could turn the clock back and buy vacant land that appeared to be nothing special and turned into a major sub division, shopping center or gulf course. My first house was a 4 unit apartment bldg and I paid 15K for it. The second was a duplex (new) that I paid 41K for. The 3rd was a ranch (new) that I paid 40K for. This was back in the late 60's... ahhh the good old days and then it all went to H$ll. Now the only thing you can get for under 200K is a trailer on owned land. 4 years ago I bought the last home I will ever buy and I'll die here...hopefully not for 30-40 years.

You keep messing with TDWW's 16 inch pythons you might not make it.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:39 PM

http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/records_whitetail.asp?area=bgRecords

yeah florida sure fills up the record books..........
Old 05-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

TDWW, should't you be out fighting a fire or something?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:19 PM

But when TOPDAWG whipped a Yankeein1998 for leaving sunflower seed shells on the ground in the woods and not picking them up,theytold me they had never seen guns that size moving with such swiftness and precision. Thunder.
.....Sheer briliance, TDWW, my compliments.

We should send you to the middle east to catch Bin Laden. You could probably have him back here by dark.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

When TOPDAWGharvested a Florida 10 pointer scoring in the 160's back in 1996,they told me it was luck
Did it weigh triple digits?

You need to take a closer look at this link TOPDORK
http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/records_whitetail.asp?area=bgRecords
Old 05-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now you do make a few good points of which I won't get into here - But Florida Deer hunting,respect,10pnt 160's,QDMA - Now that's funny stuff

Not much of anything down there from the Yanks I've talked to who've gone down there recently.Only seen a few runts,you guys call Deer
Matter of fact got a buddy and his dad who hunt on a farm up here BEFORE they hit Florida - How come that is

Them 10 pointers must be on one of them high fence marsh ranches.

Woof Woof
Old 05-10-2006, 02:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

1empty acre around here in Pa poop country is 50,000 average.The city slickers are invading the farm country and throwing out the farmers and cutting all the oxygen producing trees down. breeding welfare familes and promoting crime.Aids has become a huge problem.Even the Lot lizards are moving.I fire atsuspicious peoplein my yard 4 times more in the past 3 years.The only problem I have moving ,which I am doing, is I will have to leave this huntin board behind and lots of friends on here.No electic or phone where i am going.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:15 AM
Dominant Buck

So having way too many german shepherd sized deer for your carrying capacity is good QDM ? TDWW , you need to stick to what Florida really has going for it , great fishing . After all , you're a master at trolling ...
Old 05-10-2006, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

TDWW I know it isnt your fault that your parents rented a used exterminators tent for all your B-day parties. The best part about people like you is that eventually you start to become totally unoriginal (too late) and the very people who find you amusing will turn on you once they realize that you are pretty much filling their community with waste. It may take some of those slow southerners a while to figure it out though.

Quick Reply: Northern Collapse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.