Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What is your biggest fault while deer hunting? >

What is your biggest fault while deer hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is your biggest fault while deer hunting?

Old 04-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What is your biggest fault while deer hunting?

rushing shots
Old 04-26-2006, 03:58 PM

I have a couple: not staying in the stand the entire day and spitting tobacco juice on the ground below my stand.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

EAT AND DRINK TO MUCH
Old 04-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I'd have to say - sitting at work.
Same here, except mine is a combination of school and work.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

none
Old 04-27-2006, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya know if it wasen't for deer hunting I'd probibly be worth somthing. I am guilty of taking all my time off work (vacation. Personal time,sick time). Nothing gets done at home either. I spend money I should be spending on christmas for my wife. Who ever thought up hunting and christmas at the same time(get a rope). And like I said the house could be falling down it don't get done till Jan. I don't put in the storm windows or storm doors Sept.-Jan I get completely single brain cell and thats deer. of course the rest of the year I'm reading about them or watching vidio and the past couple years I now have these web sights. Any way my name is Mike and I'm a deeraholic.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:53 AM

Ihunt too much in late Oct and am too burnt out to hunt the best days in Nov during the rut. I see my biggest bucks in Nov while I'm walking around the wood when I should be in my stands. I'm going to try and not make that mistake this year.

P.S. MikeHill I feel your pain.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I got three "faults" while deer hunting.

Number one, no matter HOW MUCH sleep I've gotten prior to taking a stand, I always seem to get tired and wind up taking little 5 minute cat naps here and there. I guess the 5 minutes ain't too bad. I always scan really well before the 5 minute nod, so no too many can give me the slip I guess.

Number two "fault", if it can be considered an actual "fault" is that I rush the shot. I always wind up blasting one of the first good dummies that comes in. Can't tell ya the amount of years I've spent IN deer camp while the other guys are still looking to fill their tags. I refuse to play camp cookie though. Sometimes wind up at the Chuck Wagon resteraunt & bar cause I still have radio contact with the guys while I'm in there.

Number three is eating al kinds of foods that leave me afield like a ripe clove of garlic with onions.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:16 AM

Mike, that was funny as crap! I am the same way about stuff at the house from Oct to Feb.- thank God my wife understands!!
Thanks for the post
Old 04-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

Ya know if it wasen't for deer hunting I'd probibly be worth somthing. I am guilty of taking all my time off work (vacation. Personal time,sick time). Nothing gets done at home either. I spend money I should be spending on christmas for my wife. Who ever thought up hunting and christmas at the same time(get a rope). And like I said the house could be falling down it don't get done till Jan. I don't put in the storm windows or storm doors Sept.-Jan I get completely single brain cell and thats deer. of course the rest of the year I'm reading about them or watching vidio and the past couple years I now have these web sights. Any way my name is Mike and I'm a deeraholic.
I feel compelled to join your group![:-]

Quick Reply: What is your biggest fault while deer hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.