Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Boots

Old 04-19-2006, 06:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default New Boots

I wear boots every day and over the last 35 or so years have tried several different types and brands. I got a new pair a couple of weeks ago that I had reservations about, but thus far I like them. They are Rocky Timber Sneakers. They weigh in at about 2.9 pounds, non-insulated and are honestly comfortable and the lightest boots I have ever used. About $100 in Cabela's.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Boots

Rockies == Made in China No thank you
Old 04-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Hard to find any boots not made in China. I have 5 sets of LaCrosse boots and the last 2 pair were made in China not LaCrosse Wisconcin. One thing I noticed is that they don't hold up as long as the old USA models that I have worn for 15 years.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Good topic. I used to be fond of the old Browning waterproofs, until one year I bought a pair that was not waterproof at all. I returned them and the next pair....same thing. Leaked. Took them back and the next pair, same thing. Pure gooey pooh.

That was my last experience with Browning boots. I was disappointed, but what was a man to do? I am loyal to brands that remain top quality, but I cannot pay my hard earned dollar for faulty boots that are going to get my tootsies wet as I galavant through the Florida wetlands in hot pursuit of that most handsome and wary of all God's majestic creatures......the Southern whitetail.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:19 AM

I'm sure it was just the boot model, but the last pair of Rocky's I had barely held up during a one week dall sheep huntin in AK. By the end of the week the soles were so soft it was uncomfortable to walk on boulders, and little chunks of rubber were chipping away. And the camo colored boots got worn enough to lose the camo pattern after my second hunting trip in them for elk here in WY. The gore-tex is about shot now too, and they haven't seen much use since my AK trip two or three years ago.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:19 AM
G5

i bought a pair of Rocky Bear claws not too long ago and i think there great. The Rocky's have that cushy sole that i like alot. but if i didnt get them i was gonna go with danners. i know alot of people that swear by danner boots
Old 04-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pure gooey pooh
but what was a man to do?
umm....ahh...never mind...!

I like Danners I pretty muchneed insulated boots for most ofmy hunting needs and 10" high is preferred. I hate rubber boots, so my choice has been leather upper, gortex bootie and rubber soles with good grip"Canadians by Danner". For a cheaper pair no doubt made in asia the Redwing Irish Setter BG II's have been adarngoodboot, mine now are done but after 6 years of extreme use I won't complain as they only set me back 100 bucks.

I dohave a pair ofSalomon uninsulated hikers when the weather allows. Gortex bootieand fairly light, have worked for 5 years.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

get my tootsies wet as I galavant through the Florida wetlands in hot pursuit of that most handsome and wary of all God's majestic creatures......the Southern whitetail.
Wow you made itthrough to thevery last sentence of your post this timebefore you made an @ss of yourself.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Spike

I've owned Rocky's. Wolverine's and Lacrosse's. The gore-tex in all 3 only last me about a year. The eyelets for the shoelaces snapped on my wolverines. Overall i've had the best luck with lacrosses, but they are starting to go overseas now. Nothing is made in america anymore[:@]
Old 04-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

I have the Danner Pronghorns for hunting & the Danner Acadias for work. Great boots for almost anything!!!

Quick Reply: New Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.