Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what should I do

Old 10-24-2002, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default what should I do

Fellow hunters,
I hunt public land primarily these days, and haven't seen a large number of bucks (no surpise). I do see quite a few does in one area though. The problem is that I haven't seen any sign of bucks in this area...no rubs or scrapes, or sightings. Should I just be patient, and hope the rut brings the big boys to this area, or is there anything that I can do to bring them there?

thanks in advance,
ths78

Old 10-24-2002, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what should I do

I dont think there is anything that you personally can do but to wait. If the does continue to come when the rut starts then the bucks will come also....
Old 10-24-2002, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

At this time its a bit late to do anyting this year just be patient and good things will come to those who wait .
Old 10-24-2002, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you hunt the does during the rut the bucks will show.have you tried a scent dripper?
Old 10-24-2002, 03:15 PM
Dominant Buck

The only thing I could think to do is to keep scouting and take note of when the rut starts. Once it gets going start rattling. You will be surprised on how a good rattle will get the big boys moving. Another suggestions is to put out mineral blocks, that is if it is legal and if the area you hunt doesnt have natural salt sources around. If you choose to put out licks you need to do it in a hurry.

Good luck.