Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 need help on softening up stock >

need help on softening up stock

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

need help on softening up stock

Old 03-13-2006, 02:58 PM

Default need help on softening up stock

hello all, quick ?

i just bought a ruger 10/22 carbine. I replaced the wood stock with a dragunov fiberforce stock. I love it, but it think that when i do get to shoot it, the hard plastic stock on the new stock will be hard on my arm. are there any suggestions to help me soften up the stock butt. i need something that is, obviously, soft, durable and will stand up to the weather (rain, snow, heat, etc). any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just need a simple addition or modification to fix this problem, but the stock is just to hard on the arm (or im sure it will be). i will post a pic of it 2marrow when my dad takes one with the digital camera

thanks
geter
Old 03-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: need help on softening up stock

try lifting weights or doing some push-ups
Old 03-13-2006, 03:51 PM

sniper...what does that have to do with a hard stock butt? i didnt say i cant lift the gun, i said that the continious recoil of the hard fiberforce plastic on the same spot on my arm will begin to irritate me, or i would think it wold. my other nguns do not have this hard of stock

Old 03-13-2006, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: geterdun

sniper...what does that have to do with a hard stock butt? i didnt say i cant lift the gun, i said that the continious recoil of the hard fiberforce plastic on the same spot on my arm will begin to irritate me, or i would think it wold. my other nguns do not have this hard of stock

Recoil??????? From a .22????? Doesn't appear to be much of a problem to me. Am I missing something?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:19 PM

lol, now not missing anything fellas, i just havent really shot a 22 rifle, a few pistols, but not a rifle. i didnt know what the recoil would be, thats why im asking?....i guess ignorance is the route of my question. thanks for clearing it up, sorry for the "dumb" question

Old 03-13-2006, 04:21 PM

Don't be sorry, just wasn't sure of the problem. Recoil out of a 22 rifle is virtually non-existant. Good luck.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol, geterdun.

That's ok man if you didn't know.

there is NO recoil from a .22 You could hold the butt of the stock against your nose and pull the trigger and you'd never feel a thing.

That is too funny.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

na man there is no recoil from a .22 i have had the scope hit my eye and not know it if my gran dad hadnt told me
Old 03-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

this might be kinda daring to say, but you could hold it up to your boys and it wouldnt do anything.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a Marlin 60 with the same stock , recoil isn't a problem . If it isn't the same for you try wrapping a few pairs of your panties around the butt to soften it ...

Quick Reply: need help on softening up stock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.