Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Google Earth Aerial Maps?

Old 03-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Spike

Default Google Earth Aerial Maps?

Just wondering if anyone has ever used this product? I downloaded it and some areas are very clear and you are able to zoom in very close(close enough to see cars on the roads)and the image is still clear. However, some areas are very distorted when zooming in. Does anyone know if there is any way to clear this distortion?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Google Earth Aerial Maps?

Chuck7 uses it to check out his fishing holes. i saw some deer at my neighbors house with it!
Old 03-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah...I love it. I don't think you can get rid of the distortions. SOme of those are clouds. You can see our red suburban at my house and my fishing holes are great BUT my hunting not so good. Th esite is excellent for takin gtrips. It labels all the restaurants and side roads. Overall I love it.

C7
Old 03-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Spike

In some areas the colors seem brighter and close in it is distorted. The areas where the colors are a little duller are extremely clear close in. I thought maybe there was some way to filter the color and maybe dim it down a little but I can't seem to find any way? Maybe it's just a difference in the type of photography used in the different areas?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dled it and checked it out, but it seemed like when you werent towards big cities is when it got all fuzzy
Old 03-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

PRB, I get the same thing. I think we just have to live with it. I think it's still really neat, the things you can do with it, changing the angle of view ect.I loveGoogle Earth.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Spike

I think you're right "early in". I found this on the websites help center so basically I guess there's not much you can do about it.

Why is there a blurry image in a high-resolution insert?

We're aware that the imagery for some areas may appear blurry, contain cloud coverage, appear slightly discolored or out of focus. We strive to provide the clearest data possible so it's likely that better resolution data is currently unavailable from our data providers. Once it becomes available, we'll surely update our database.[/align]
Old 03-03-2006, 02:32 PM

I love google earth.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use www.local.live.com it has the best quality out of all the others. Especially in the birds eye view option.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:42 PM

I used it, some of the photo's are few years old of my area...

Quick Reply: Google Earth Aerial Maps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.