Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Google Earth Aerial Maps?

Old 03-03-2006, 03:13 PM

Default RE: Google Earth Aerial Maps?

Try MSN Virtual Earth also. I find sometimes one area is clearer on one then the other. I like it to scout new areas, but sometimes, at least here in New England, it shows roads that are little more then goat paths.

Good luck.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

it works well for my house hunting stand i can see the lanes i cut and even my stand
Old 03-03-2006, 03:57 PM

Its my understanding that certain areas of the Earth havnt been updated at all and the "blury" areas are from the outside of the camera edges. like the edges of pictures not in full focus. NEway thats what i have been brought to understand. Also there are lots of areas not yet been scanned by the satellite.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:42 PM

Google earth kicks ass its the best for checkin different distances and measurin valleys and the 3-d feature in the mountains is cool too.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Dominant Buck

We paid for the 20.00 upgrade.Don't waste your money..it's no better. I do love it for fishing. I fish in huge pits where there esier LOT'S of islands.It helps me manuver through the islands. If you rthinking about moving it also breaks th ecrime stats down to see your percentage of getting killed or raped.[8D]
C8
Old 03-03-2006, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

I use www.local.live.com it has the best quality out of all the others. Especially in the birds eye view option.
I like this site to but I think its free because my neighbors house was built in 89 and its not on there. old pics, but good.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

The 20 dollar upgrade is cool. I interface my GPS with it and download waypoints and tracks. I print and make my own little maps.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:05 AM

http://www.terraserver.com/ CHECK THAT OUT. IT GIVES YOU REAL IMAGES.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:39 AM

Hotburn--I think some areas on www.local.live.com are relatively new because it has all of our yard renovations/new garage and we did all that only like 3/4 years ago. maybe some areas are newer than others.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

I use www.local.live.com it has the best quality out of all the others. Especially in the birds eye view option.
I like this site to but I think its free because my neighbors house was built in 89 and its not on there. old pics, but good.
Yea some parts are not updates, but some are, it showed my dad's new truck parked outside of our house which he got last spring.

Quick Reply: Google Earth Aerial Maps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.