Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer house

Old 10-21-2002, 09:59 AM

Default Deer house

Hi again, This morning I took A little Deer box, if you will, to a foodplot down on our property. I set it out and brought the truck home and went back down with the fourwheeler to put the chair in and clean the box out. Well after I was done with everything the damn fourwheeler broke down, I'm afraid the deer arent going to come nowhere near my food plot with the fourwheeler right by it.
It's an Arctic cat 300 4x4 with a winch so it's way too heavy to push all the way home, any ideas what I should do?
Old 10-21-2002, 10:11 AM

Default RE: Deer house

PUT A CAMO TARP OVER IT. Tell us what the 4 wheeler did or isn't doing. Fill us in with as much stuff as you can What have you checked....does it have fuel? does it get spark?....runs but wont go?..

Hurry up and wait.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:18 AM

The Engine is flooding as if it was being chokes, and is spitting a lot of excess gas and oil, it looks like a 2 stroke when it runs but it finally got so bad it wont crank at all now, plus the battery has ran itself dead. And yes I have camo tarp over my deer house.
Thanks
Old 10-21-2002, 10:56 PM

Theres probably some little buck checking it out now. he's thinking how do i ride this thing.
i have had them come up and smell mine and go on about there business. i have one stand in a pasture that i will ride the four wheeler to it and park right next to it. i kill deer there every year.

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL
Old 10-22-2002, 10:00 AM

Buy something that wont break down...LOL I had to say it.....But you never know the deer will get used to the bike being there. I don't think it will be a problem...As a matter of fact it might be a good idea so you can start parking your bike at the stand
Old 10-22-2002, 12:23 PM

CHANGE THE SPARK PLUG, IF THAT DON'T WORK....WELL I'LL GIVE YA $100.00 FOR IT.YOU CAN KEEP THE 4 WHEELER(SUZUKI MOTOR) I JUST WANT AN OTHER WINCH!.......

Hurry up and wait.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Spike

The machine won't scare them away. I have a Yamaha Grizzly. The thing looks like a little Jeep. I can't count the times I've sat in one of my stands that's closest to the field I park it in and watched doe and bucks walk right next to it and never give it a look. A couple of times they even stopped and smelled the thing. Didn't scare them at all. I have a bad ticker so I don't park it too far from where I hunt. I wouldn't worry about it if you have to leave it there.

Old 10-22-2002, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

It won't phase them a bit. I wish I could show you a vedio I took last week when two deer came up to my deer target that I practice shooting at from the porch as I had an alumium ladder near it and my atv. It was hilliarius as we got this on tape as we just got in from hunting and didn't see anything, good luck, Bobby
Old 10-22-2002, 07:06 PM

Deer Hunter,
I was surprised to learn that the Artic Cat uses a Suzuki motor. But now I may be able to help you get it fixed. We had 2 Suzukis and the b ig problem was that the valves would constantly get out of adjustment. This might be what is ailing yours. Mine would spit and sputter, smoke and sometimes not run at all. Got rid of both and now have Yamahas. Now my biggest problem is remembering to check the gas.LOL. Once a year it goes in for oil, filter & a quick checkup. The energizer bunny can't hold a candle to them.

Miss. deer may be small, but there's plenty of them.

Old 10-22-2002, 08:17 PM

If my problem has to do with the valves that would require me to take apart the block and everything. I'm just not much of a mechanic So If we can manage to push it onto a truck we can take it to the shop. Thanks for all the replies guys.