Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Polypropolene

Old 02-13-2006, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Polypropolene

Does anyone know if this material is to be worn against the skin or is there another layer to be worn underneath this. I had a hard time staying warm this year and want to take another look at my winter clothing while items are on clearance.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 07:27 AM

Default RE: Polypropolene

I wear mine against the skin/first layer. Just make sure you get the right rating for you area. My first set was to warm and I could not wear it because I would sweat to bad.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:37 AM

Default RE: Polypropolene

What ever you do, make sure the material next to your skin has good wicking properties.
Doesn't make a difference what material it is, if it stays wet, you'll be miserable.

I have some super arimid wicking undies that when worn under a good set of wicking poly undies really makes a difference. Put a layer of polartech fleece and then insulated top layer and it doesn't make any difference how cold it gets, you'll be comfortable.

Don't forget the neck, ears, hands and feet too. If they aren't warm, you'll be cold. For the neck and ears, a good quality fleece headcover. For hands, when it is really cold, I use one of the tube style hand covers that both hands can fit in. Put one of the small pack warmers in there and your hands will be great. For feet a good quality boot. I've settled on the neoprene Mucks; two good quality pairs of wicking socks and you are good to go.
R
Hank