Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Shed hunter gets fined for harrassment! >

Shed hunter gets fined for harrassment!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shed hunter gets fined for harrassment!

Old 02-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shed hunter gets fined for harrassment!

pretty stupid if ya ask me.

The wildlifepeople said that the guy caused the deer to move unnaturaly, How is my question. the deer sure didnt get up and flyor dig a tunnel to get away they ran. how unnatural is that? NOT ONE BIT.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks pretty black & white to me. He broke the rules and got caught.
He probably thought it was a stupid rule also. Now maybe he'll show a little more respect to all of the rules.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

sounds like the animals have more rights then people
Old 02-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

This rule sound's pretty over the top for me ,but I do understand the reasoning behind it ,but these deer have alot of other thing's to be worried about such as wolve's and coyote's desturbing the hurd's .If they have this warning in their hunting reg's then fine ,but if not it should be and they shouldn't be able to charge anyone looking for shed's .

nubo
Old 02-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would fight this in the courts. Not only for the citation but harassment by the DOW. What a bunch of idiots[:-]
Old 02-19-2006, 01:16 PM

hey guys i was just wondering about the penalty points. what do they mean, like...10 means what? how many penalty points until you cant hunt? just curiouse.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

this is the same reason alot of states banned "spot lighting". they say it puts unneccesary stress on the deer population which is BS. here in florida it is still legal to spot light as long as you do not have a firearm in the vehicle. every deer i have ever spot lighted has just stood there (or layed there) and kept on about there business. if they were bedded they would stay bedded and if they were feeding, they would continue feeding and only stop to look towards the light every now and then. i can understand if your chasing the deer, but use common sense...sounds to me like the gamewarden didn't have anything better to do, just like the anonymous complaintant.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:13 PM

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

Looks pretty black & white to me. He broke the rules and got caught.
He probably thought it was a stupid rule also. Now maybe he'll show a little more respect to all of the rules.
Ditto. If there is deep snow, there is no reason to walk into a deer yard to look for sheds, wait til spring.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spot lighting is way different than making the deer move on the winter range. There is no comparison in stress levels. These deer that have migrated many miles and are foraging on next than nothing, need to be left alone. The law states not to harass game that are wintering. Obviously, the guy that got ticketed broke laws that are written and the game warden had every right to cite the guy. These deer will bed down most of the time to conserve their energy reserves on their own. Why push them? Just to get their horns?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

Spot lighting is way different than making the deer move on the winter range. There is no comparison in stress levels. These deer that have migrated many miles and are foraging on next than nothing, need to be left alone. The law states not to harass game that are wintering. Obviously, the guy that got ticketed broke laws that are written and the game warden had every right to cite the guy. These deer will bed down most of the time to conserve their energy reserves on their own. Why push them? Just to get their horns?
End of conversation.
You need to live here to see the predators and the winters take there toll out. And now you have National Shed hunter group adding to it.
If I was C.O. and the law is in the regulations, I would write you a ticket and you can explain it to the judge.

Bobby

Quick Reply: Shed hunter gets fined for harrassment!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.