Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Good shed stories?

Old 02-09-2006, 04:14 PM

Default Good shed stories?

A few years ago my dad was out in the woods cutting wood and he found a shed from an 8 pointer(left side). Then a couple of days later he found the mate to it 30yrds from where he found theother one. Here's the kicker. The very next year, He shot a nice 10 pointer and it was the same buck that grew the sheds found a year eairlier! The sheds found, scored about 145. The buck scored about 161. I wish I got a pic to show you guys. Ya'll got any good shed stories?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good shed stories?

the first shed that i ever found was when i was standing in my yard and my dogs brought it out of the woods lol that is whati call lazy shed hunting

Old 02-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

another
Old 02-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK a dog found it and brought it home. Maybe one poking a tractor or ATV tire. That's about as good as I think any "shed story" is gonna get.

Here's one. I was going thru the woods and looked down and there was a shed. Awesome!

Here's another. I was walking the field and looked down and there was a shed! Unbelievable!

Here's another I was going thru the woods and looked at the ground I was walking on and low and behold, you won't believe this, but there was a shed! I should have bought some lotto tickets!

They don't grow on trees or fall from the sky so I doubt there'sgonna be alot of "good shed stories".
Old 02-09-2006, 07:24 PM

ONe time my brother in law and I were hunting and we jumped a nice buck. We were looking for were he ran in the snow and I found a run mark and pointed at it. My brother in law bent over and picked up a shed right beside the track! Don't know how I didn't see it.[&:]

My dad also found one in a feild with the points stuck into the ground and the beam up. Not sure how that happened eather. Deer usually lose them here after it gets pretty cold and the ground is most likely frozen.

[/align]
[blockquote]

[/align][/blockquote]
Old 02-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]ORIGINAL: uncle matt

OK a dog found it and brought it home. Maybe one poking a tractor or ATV tire. That's about as good as I think any "shed story" is gonna get.

Here's one. I was going thru the woods and looked down and there was a shed. Awesome!

Here's another. I was walking the field and looked down and there was a shed! Unbelievable!

Here's another I was going thru the woods and looked at the ground I was walking on and low and behold, you won't believe this, but there was a shed! I should have bought some lotto tickets!

They don't grow on trees or fall from the sky so I doubt there'sgonna be alot of "good shed stories".
[/quote]

LOLThis one time at band campI was playing my skin flute and looked over and there was a shed.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOLThis one time at band campI was playing my skin flute and looked over and there was a shed.
Why can't I quit laughing at this.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

About 6-8 years ago, we just started flintlock hunting, so I was out with some friends in the late flintlock season, it was snowy,and I was stillhunting a laurel patch that's always a late-season yarding area, trying to either run some deer out to the other guys, or sneak up on one.

So, I was on some tracks of a small herd sneaking out through the laurel. All of a sudden, I hear a shot out ahead of me, and I kinda scurry out there to see my buddy standing there, gun-in-hand, looking kinda pretty sad. Hetook a whiff on a big doe, and he says there must have been five deer in the herd, at least one buck.

"Which way did they go?" I ask.

"Right back in there past you." He says.

So I say "You're crazy, they didn't go back in there." "I'll show you, I'll track 'em, they must have doubled back somewhere else."

So back I go, following these deer tracks that circled right around my old tracks (maybe 40 yards away from where I ran through), then they ran back out -right down my bootprints! Sure enough, to add insult to injury, there lay a small 4 point shed right in the edge of my own snowyboot-track. It still had some moist blood in the center. He must have knocked it offwhile escaping through the brush.

I came out and tossed it to my buddy and said "There's your buck - go ahead and tag 'em."

If my memory serves me, it was the last day of the late muzzy season.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My hunting buddy arrowed an 8Ptr once a few years ago. I lifted the rack up, to look at it. As soon as I lifted the antlers, they both fell off. Not really a shed story, but was suprising, since the deer was so close to shedding and it was only late Nov.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I was setting up a pop up ground blind in a hedgerow. It was pretty hot out and we had to do quite a bit of trimming to open up shooting lanes. I decided to take a break, grabbed a bottle of water, and plopped down about 30 yards away from the blind. My butt landed on top of a nice 8 point shed. The G2 gouged me right in the rearend. Figures... I can spend hours upon hours and walk miles without finding anything and then I sit on one not looking for them.[:-]

Quick Reply: Good shed stories?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.